Ringing

Time skip:

It had been about six months since the lifeguard challenge and summer at bondi had just began. (I'm working of the basis that summer is a third the year and the lifeguard challenge is at the end of the season, sorry if I'm wrong) You were now fourteen and had been promised by Chappo and Reidy that they would teach you how to drive the buggy which Hoppo surprisingly agreed to.

It was about a week into the season so the beaches weren't too packed but were still fairly busy considering that the weather was not that of a typical summer day. It wasn't raining but it was a bit cloudy and not very warm.

"Kaia, you're with me and Reids in the tower today." Chappo informed you, reading the rota that was pinned againsed the side of the lockers.

"Then after will you two teach me to drive the buggy because you proommiiissseddd!" You whined.

"Yes but you have to be careful!" He told you.

"You worry too much, I'm always careful." You assured as you tripped over the step on the way up to the desks. This action resulted in Reidy and Chappo bursting into hysterics and you slumping down into a chair with your arms folded.

"You can say that again!" Reidy laughed.

Time skip:

It was now yours and Chappo's lunchbreak and you were sat on your phone, thinking of lyrics for a song you were writing.

"What are you doing?" Chappo questioned, leaning over to see what was on your phone.

"Writing a song which I am never singing to you." You replied, not looking up from your phone.

"Oh, you mean the one you were singing last night?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"You said you had headphones in and you weren't listening!" You exclaimed, annoyed that he had lied to you.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to know what you were playing." He tried to explain but you just ignored him and turned your body to face away form him.

"Oh come on don't be in a strop with me." He pleaded but you just stayed silent, this time not in an attempt to annoy him. This time was because of the ringing. Not a ringing of a bell or a phone but the ringing inside your head. The same ringing that occurred seven years ago.

"(y/n) what's wrong?" Chappo enquired and you were brought out of your panic stricken mind and into the present to see him crouched in from of your body.

"It's happening." You stated, hoping he would understand so you wouldn't have to put into words what was about to happen.

"What's happening what is it." He asked and you could see the panic from you reflected in his eyes.

"The ringing's back."