Challenge

The day had finally come- the lifeguard challenge! You had been training so hard for this over the last couple weeks and couldn't wait to get going.

"Listen up," Hoppo began, "You all know your positions from last year and (y/n) , you'll start in the same group as Reidy- one infront of your brother like you wanted."

"Thanks Hop!" You replied, smiling at Chappo who had a worried expression on his face.

He hadn't specifically told you but you could tell he was worried about you doing the race and getting hurt or upset if you found it too hard. However, you were just excited and very glad that your stuff from your old house had arrived because you really wanted your running shoes for the race.

"Group one...... Go!" Hoppo shouted and the first set of guys set of.

A couple minutes later it was your turn and you were stood next to Reidy on the starting line.

"Group three......Go!" Hoppo called and you shot of down the promenade at a fast, but maintainable pace. You could see Reidy out the corner of your eye which just made you want to keep running- not that you needed to stop.

Time skip:

Aproaching Bronte you could see Reidy (who had over taken you about two kilometers into the run) taking his shoes off and putting his goggles on ready to plunge himself into the water. You could also see Chappo, Harries, Maxi and Gonzo just behind you as you ran down the stairs towards the sand.

It was then that you realised you had forgotten your goggles; this wasn't going to be a pleasant swim. However, despite this setback you still ripped your trainers off and dived into the water making sure to utilise the rips you knew ran along the North side of the beach.

Your eyes stung from the salt water and your vision was blurred but you could still make out Chappo's figure in the water alongside you- there was no way you were going to let him overtake you.

Time skip:

You got out of the water at Tamarama just after Chappo. During the swim leg you had seen Harries and Maxi pass you but you still had a bit of distance on some of the other boys.

The board part of the race was the bit you were not looking foward to as much- you could do it on a surfboard but the rescue boards were so heavy and you did struggle to carry them or use them in the water however that never got in the way of a rescue.

Time skip:

Now you were about halfway through the board paddle and, to your surprise, you had caught up with your brother and you were sure your co-workers were going to have fun watching you two Chapmans going head to head.

You had to fight the urge to lay your head on the board as, by now, you were really drained but still determined to beat Chappo.

Time skip:

Finally, a short distance from bondi's shoreline , you caught a small wave in with Chappo just behind you.

Once you were close enough to the beach you disembarked your board and sprinted to the finish line where Reidy, Maxi and the other guys who had finished were stood.

"Woooo well done baby Chapman!" Reidy congratulated as he gave you a very sweaty hug but you didn't mind.

"I think I'm going to die!" You joked as you you pulled away from Reidy and leaned over with your hands on your thighs.

"You did so good Kaia!" You heard Chappo say behind you.

"Didn't do so bad yourself Chips!" Your replied and he engulfed you in an equally sweaty embrace to Reidy's.

"I'm so proud of you, I mean, I love you so don't hurt me, but I didn't think you would actually beat me!" Chappo told you.

"Neither did I and I love you too bro!" You laughed which made Chappo laugh too as you separated from each other and he leaned and whispered into your ear.

"I'm going to get so much abuse from the boys aren't I?"

"Perhaps..... But then again you're not the only one who got beaten by a thirteen year old." You answered pointing to Jesse, Korey and Mouse who were currently sprinting up the beach.