Friends

Time skip about 3 months:
(I don't know how school terms work in Australia so sorry if this is wrong timing!)

"Ugh!" You huffed as you slumped yourself down into one of the chairs by the observation desk.

"What's wrong Kaia?" Whippet asked as he swivelled his chair round so you could read his lips.

"Chappo is what's wrong." You replied.

"What did he do, and also where is he are you allowed down here on your own?" He questioned, lifting his body up to see if your brother was the other side of the tower.

"Firstly, I'm not allowed here on my own without telling Chappo. Secondly, Chappo's having a shower across the road because ours is broken and he didn't have one last night. And thirdly, him and my mum want me to start going to school!" You exclaimed, possibly a little too loudly but you weren't really sure.

"I thought you already went to school." He stated.

"Whip, I work here six, sometimes even seven days a week, when would I go to school?" You enquired.

"I don't know, but how do you find time for homeschooling then?" He answered and asked at the same time.

"I don't do homeschooling anymore, I took my GCSES just before I moved here which makes going back to school even more stupid!" You responded. (Again, I don't know if there are GCSES in Australia but this I what I know so its easier to write about.)

"Wait, you took your GCSES at thirteen?!?" He exclaimed and then shot a look at the back door making you think that Chappo had finished his shower and was joining you in the tower. Great. He wasn't really the person you wanted to see right now.

You felt a prod on your shoulder and turned around to see Chappo occupying the seat the other side of you.

"Look, I know you don't want to go to school but give it a try, you might like it!" He tried to persuade.

"I don't see why you want me to, Mum taught me everything they teach in school and how would I work down here if I had to go to school?" You questioned and you saw his face soften.

"(y/n), I'm worried about you." He said.

"You're always worried about me. What is it this time?"

"I think you need to socialise with people your age, I mean I don't want to sound rude but you don't really have any friends do you?" He enquired

"I have friends." You huffed.

"Friends that don't work on the beach." He quickly interjected.

"Why do I have to have friends my age, you don't have friends my age." You whined.

"No, because I'm an adult but you are a child." He responded.

"Thanks Sherlock, I never noticed!" You spat back.

"Come on (y/n), just go for one day, and if you hate it you never have to go again, it would only be for one day a week if you stayed anyway." He persisted and you rested your chin on your hand in contemplation.

"Fine, but if I hate it can I pretend I'm ill and then you can come and get me?" You bartared.

"Fine, but don't decide your going to hate it before you go." He complied. He knew you so well.

"Okay I won't." You lied and he gave you a look to tell you he knew that you were.

"Now come here." He directed and gestured for you to come and hug him which you did hesitantly.

"Why are you hugging me?" You questioned.

"Because I don't like it when we argue with each other." He answered once you had both pulled away to look at each other.

"Yea? Well I don't like it when people make me go to school." You replied, trying to stay serious and annoyed but breaking into a smile which made your brother laugh and you in turn.

"Come on, let go set up the buggies." He suggested and you followed him down to the beach, looking foward to another action packed day at your favorite in the world- Bondi.