Madness

Timeskip 2 months and 3 weeks:

"So guys, is everyone ready for the start of the season next week?" Deano asked from where he sat at the end of the elongated table in the icebergs.

"I'm definitely ready to come back- I haven't  been able to do proper lifeguard for eighteen months!" You responded- it was crazy when you thought about it, nine months ago Annie was still in your womb and nine months before that she hadn't even been in physical yet now you couldn't imagine a world without her.

As you were with the twins, you were reluctant to leave your baby girl in a weeks time, but it would be slightly easier given that you knew Sam really well now, compared to when the boys were younger and you had only just met him. You knew she was one hundred percent in safe hands.

"I know! We haven't got to see you pilot a nose dive in years!" Maxi laughed- you sent him the 'chapeyes' before joining him in laughter along with all the other lifeguards.

"Isn't this your twelfth year down at Bondi?" Kerbox enquired.

"Something like that..." You replied, unwilling to do the simple maths when you were three vodkas down.

"That's crazy, that means it was like thirty years ago that you got mad at me for saying you were too young to watch home and away!" Whippet exclaimed. He had obviously had a few drinks aswell.

"Not quite Whip." Chappo told him, stretching across the pile of lifeguards to hand Harrison a beer.

"So what are everybody's new season resolutions?" Corey asked- referring to a tradition within the lifeguards that had been around since Chappo joined the service.

"To not burst a giant party popper into my stomach for the third time!" Maxi answered immefiately, followed by the rest of the lifeguards, including yourself. (A/N: Can you guess who is saying what? 😁)

"To not get attacked by a rat in the skater bowl."

"Mine is to not get locked in the birdcage."

"To not break or dislocate any part of my body."

"To not agree to going on a third shark trip."

"To check lockers haven't been booby trapped before I open them."

"To remember that, if I see someone wearing a Christmas hat in backpackers rip in the pouring rain, its probaby Reidy going for his Christmas swim."

"To remember to swim away from Kerbox if he comes to join in your Christmas swim."

"To not let anyone's stuff get stolen."

"To make sure everyone swims between the flags!"

You all cheered in agreement at the last two statements.

"I think we should try making the flags twenty times bigger so there is no way on Earth that anyone misses then." You suggested, incurring some contemplation within the boys until H spoke up.

"No, I think we tried that about twenty years ago and we still had magnitudes of tourists wind up in backpackers."

After another round of drinks was brought to your group, Harrison stood up and raised his glass.

"Heres to another year of Bondi madness!"