Boyfriends

It had been three months since you had your little fainting episode- it turned out it was all linked to the condition which caused your hearing loss. You had mostly got over the fainting and dizziness now though.

You had settled in really well at your new school despite only going on Mondays. You had made other friends aswell but Abi was the one you spent most of the time with. Also, you had finally got good enough at controlling the buggys that Hoppo said you could drive them when you were working.

"So I'll see you in a week, be good for Reidy and make sure you go to school." Chappo said as he stood with his overloaded backpack slung over his shoulder.

He was going on a camping holiday somewhere in the bush with his old school friends. You had been invited too but you didn't want to go because you despised all insects and didn't want to sleep outside with all of them crawling around by you.

"Chips, I'm not four! Stop worrying and go and have a good week with your friends!" You told him and he hugged you.

"See you later, love you sis!" He waved goodbye as he walked down the road to his friends car.

"Love you too bro!" You shouted back and he turned and smiled before getting in the car and driving away- you looked down at your feet, knowing you would miss him.

You felt Reidy's hands on your shoulders and you looked up at him.

"Aw, don't be too sad baby Chapman, he'll be back soon!" He comforted you but with a seemingly mocking pout in his face.

"What do you mean he'll be back soon? It's not like I'll miss him or anything!" You stated, wanting to deny the fact that you would.

"Are you sure?" He asked with the same mocking pout whilst you glared at him.

"OK! OK! Do you have school today?" He enquired.

"No, I only have school on Mondays, aren't we working today anyway?" You answered.

"Oh shoot we are working aren't we!?!" He exclaimed and suddenly looked very panicked and skittish which made you laugh.

"Calm down Reidy, it's only six, we don't have to be down there till eight today." You assured him and he chilled out. Then, you both turned and walked back to your apartment where Reidy would be 'babysitting' you for the week.

"So, how's school?" He asked, sitting down on the sofa, followed by you.

"Good." You replied bluntly.

"Any boyfriends yet?" He questioned and you immediately turned red.

"No..." You lied poorly.

"Oh come on tell meeeeeeeeee!" He persisted.

"He's not by boyfriend, he's just a boy that I like." You told him.

"Oooooooo! Has he asked you out?" He enquired.

"No, but everyone keeps telling me that he's going to." You replied, each word making your face go a darker shade of crimson from the embaressment.

"Awww, if you marry him can you keep your surname because otherwise I won't have anything to call you." You rolled your eyes at his question and mocking.

"You won't tell Chappo will you?" You asked seriously.

"Why not?" He responded.

"Because if he finds out then he'll do the whole brother routine of 'if he hurts you then he' s got another thing coming' blah blah blah." You explained, attempting to mimick your brothers voice. Reidy didn't answer becuase he was too busy rolling around in laughter after your impression.

"Really that bad?"

"No, it sounds like he's in the room!" He answered after he could catch a breath.