Brothery

Time skip:

After another hour of being sat infront of the northern set of flags, you, Chappo and Reidy were asked to move to the south corner- this should be more interesting.

You had just arrived at backpackers when a call came in across your radio,

"Central to backpackers"

"Backpackers to Central whats up?"

"There's two guys right out the back behind the breakers who look like they're getting swept out"

You climbed onto the top of the buggy once again to see two men drifting out to sea.

"Copy that I'll keep an eye on them."

Just as you said that last remark, their hands went up signalling their need for assistance. You guessed the others must of seen it too as Reidy got up from the buggy and removed his shirt. You jumped down and removed yours too (you had your bakini on underneath) as you knew Chappo wouldn't be allowed to go out and leave you alone on the beach.

"C'mon then little chips!" Reidy exclaimed as you both grabbed as rescue board and headed out into the water. The swell wasn't too big so you didn't struggle to get out and soon reached the men who were in trouble.

The patient you went to assist seemed very tired from being battered by the rip so he just rested his head on your board and sighed from relief.

"Alright mate, lie on the board facing the front." You directed and he pulled himself onto his stomach. You caught a wave in and stood up onto the sand whilst saying

"Mate, you have to swim between the flags, there is a dangerous current here!"

"What makes you think that I'm gonna listen to a woman?" He sniggered arogantly

"I don't know, probably the fact that this 'woman' just saved you from dying!" You replied not wanting to sound offended by his last comment.

"Oooo, it's someone's time of the month!" He sneered. You wanted to burst into raves of anger but you knew you had to stay civil despite the disrespectful and sexist themes of his words. Chappo must of caught on to the conservation as he came marching over- anger written on his face.

"Oi mate, you don't speak to her like that!" He said, squaring up to him.

"Oh and why's that?" The man asked

"Cos she's my little sister and if you keep being rude to her then you're gonna have to deal with me so back off and leave her alone!" He seethed- rage drowning the sylabbles that escaped his jaw.

With that the man sent a glare over to Chappo and stormed of down the beach.

"Are you alright (y/n)" Chappo asked as he put his arms around you and pulled you into an embrace which you pulled away from.

"No"

"I know, some people are real idiots." He stated.

"No you don't know Chappo, you don't know what its like to be be a woman in this world, you don't know what it's like to be treated like dirt purely because of your gender so don't try and empathise with me because you'll never know how it feels!" You shouted as tears spilled down your cheeks.

You looked down at your watch to see it was 5.30 so you only had half an hour until you had to leave. Your day had been so amazing then one stupid guy had to come and ruin it. You couldn't stand people being sexist, it was one of the few things that really got to you. You went and joined Reidy in the buggy leaving Chappo on the sand- contemplating what to do.

"You alright (y/n)?" He asked and you looked looked at him with surprise at his use of your actual name.

"I'm fine don't worry about it" you sighed.

After a couple minutes of sitting in silence, Chappo approached the buggy sheepishly, not willing to incur any more of your anger.

"(y/n) I'm sorry, I know it's diffent for you, I just wanted to make you feel better" he said, a sorrowful look spread across his face.

"No I'm sorry Chips, I was mad at that guy and took it out on you instead." You replied as you got out of the buggy so you were face to face (well as face to face as you can be when you only came up to his shoulders).

"That's okay I understand" he assured as he pulled you an embrace you were now willing to take part in.

"Thankyou for standing up for me, I like it when you go all big brothery at people!" You laughed.

"That's alright, I like going all big brothery at people aswell!" He replied, joining you in laughter.