Sick

It had been about a week since Chappo found out about your singing and he was pestering you nonstop but you refused to give in.

You had been feeling really rough lately, but to put it up to the fact that you had been training in the gym with the boys every day in preparation for the lifeguard challenge.

You were working all day today which you were excited for as it was only the second time you had done so- the first being the first day you started.

"(y/n) are you alright?" Your brother asked as he sat down next to you on the breakfast bar in the kitchen.

"I'm fine Chappo, I'm just tired" you replied before turning to look at your cereal before pushing it away- you didn't feel like eating.

"You look really pale just let me take your temperature to check you're okay" he said as he got up.

"You don't need to, I'm fine!" You argued but he wasn't having any of it and he walked over to you with the ear-thermometer in his hand whiched he shoved into your right ear.

"Ow!" You cried over dramatically.

"That didn't hurt!" He exclaimed before the machine beeped signalling it had completed its readings.

"Your temperature's over 100 degrees (y/n)!" He stated.

"So?" You asked as got up and then flopped your weak body down onto the sofa.

"So you're sick so you're not coming down to the beach today" he explained sympathetically.

"But Chips..." You argued.

"It's okay (y/n), I'll take the day off and stay with you" he reassured you as he tucked the loose hair behind your ears.

You didn't argue anymore, partially because he held the high ground but mainly because you passed listening to him talk to Hoppo on the phone. Apparently you had always found his voice comforting- your Mum said when you were a baby she would get him to talk to you at bedtime because you would always fall straight to sleep.

Time skip:

You woke up to Chappo slightly shaking your body. It was only when you lifted your head up when you realised you had been moved to your bedroom and placed carefully on top of your covers.

"(y/n), I have to go into work for the afternoon but Reidy is going to be here in a minute and he'll look after you" he informed whilst sat on the edge of the bed.

"No, I want you to stayyyyyyy" you complained.

"I know but I've got to go, I've got good news though..." He began.

"What?" You said excitedly.

"I finally figured out how to get parental controls of the TV!" He cheered making you winced from the volume as you had a pounding head ache.

"That's good but could it be good a little big quieter?" You asked as you heard the front door open and you heard Reidy calling for you and Chappo.

"Chapmans, where are you?"

"Right I'm gonna go (y/n) I'll be back at seven" Chappo told you before giving you a quick hug and walking out the room. You heard him talking to Reidy momentarily followed by the sound of the door closing.