Coffee

"Hold on..." You began after taking a longer look at the fastly approaching creature.

"I think it might be a dolphin." You told Chappo.

"I'm not sure (y/n), it's looks pretty sharky to me." He replied.

Just then, the animal whose identity you had been disputing over, leapt out of the water. It was breath-taking, beautiful, astonishing and above all else, proved you right.

"See!" You laughed.

"Oh my gosh!" He exclaimed.

You had both seen dolphins at Bondi before but never this close. It felt as if you could reach out and touch it but you weren't about to try to.

Returning back to the beach, you could see that the dolphin had also caught the attention of some of the beach goers and a couple lifeguards.

"That was awesome! You were so close to them!" Maxi exclaimed.

"I know, but it wasn't awesome when we thought it was a shark!"

Time skip:

After your exciting surf, you and Chappo were back at home. You decided now would be a good time to casually mention something you had been planning.

"Hey Chips, I got you a date with that girl you like." You informed him nonchalantly.

"You what?" He asked in shock.

"What girl?" He added.

"You know, the one you like in the coffee shop, I got you a date with her." You answered.

"I do not like the girl from the coffee shop!" He desperately lied.

"Oh come on, I've heard you two flirting when you think I'm not looking."

"Talking, not flirting." He argued getting redder and redder from embarressment.

"Oooh Jamie, I love your hair. Oooh Jamie, Thankyou for my 'complimentary coffee'."  You imitated.

"I don't sound like that!" He defended, trying very hard to stifle a laugh and remain serious after what you thought was a very accurate representation if his voice.

"Yea you do, and you do know that there is no such thing as 'complimentary coffees for lifeguards' ." You told him.

"Aren't there?" He questioned, suddenly interested.

"See!" You laughed.

"OK fine I like her but why did you ask her out for me." He enquired.

"Because I know you want to ask her out but I also know that you are too shy to do it yourself so....voila." You explained as you pulled out a piece of paper from your pocket and held it out to him.

"Thanks (y/n)!" He responded, going to take it but you pulled it back before he was able to.

"A, a, a, a, a, what do you say?" You asked, as if he were a child, not the thirty-three year old man he was.

"Pleeaaassseeee?"

"No the other thing."

"OK fine, (y/n) Chapman you are the best little sister ever, now can I have it?" He enquired.

"Yes you can." You said, handing him the note with her number on.

"But please don't screw this up, that place does such good drinks and I don't want to have to find somewhere else to go with my friends."

"I won't!"

A/N: Really sorry, I just realised the mistake I made in the last chapter. I have corrected it so if you were confused by the timings then it is all fixed. Thanks so much for reading! 😊