Whistle

When you entered the tower, Chappo placed you down onto the medical bed and went off to grab some spray and ice.

"Is it meant to be that red Chips?" You asked as you looked worriedly at your now  crimson leg.

"Ummmmm I-I don't think so..." He stuttered, handing you a bag of ice.

"Don't say that Chappo, what is happening to my leg?" You questioned getting freaked out by the colour of your right leg and the pain it caused.

"It's OK (y/n), I'm sure it's nothing to worry about" he said softly as he sat next to you and put his arm around your shoulders to comfort you.

"No it's not Chips, it hurrrrrttttttsssss!" You whined as you leaned into his grasp.

Just as you did so a massive wave of pain spread across your lower leg causing you to scream out in pain and grab Chappo's arm in panic.

"Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!"

"What's going on in here?" Kerrbox asked who had just entered the tower ready for his morning shift. He looked over to see you grasping your brother and crying out with Chappo trying to comfort you.

"Hey, Box can you call an ambo?" Chappo asked but before Kerrbox could answer you butted in.

"No no no, absolutely not I am not going in an ambulance!" You stated between surges of pain.

"(y/n), you need to go to hospital, you are in a lot of pain!" He persuaded.

"No I'm (gasps for air) not" you replied, struggling to get oxygen into your lungs between your screams of pain.

"I'm calling an ambulance, then she can get on the green whistle" Kerrbox informed as he picked up the phone.

"No Box! Make him stop Chappo!" You demanded with tears streaming down your face.

You see, you didn't have a fear of hospitals but you had a fear of ambulances. You hated sympathy and, to you, ambulance was just an enclosed cube full of people who give you sympathy.

"Sh, Sh, I know you hate it Kaia but you'll feel better" he said, loosening his grip on you so he could go and get you some pain relief.

"I like it when you call me that, you haven't done that in years." You answered.

"I thought you had grown out of it and wouldn't want me to call you it. " He responded whilst placing a green whistle in your hand.

"No I'll never grow out of it." You replied, making him smile.

"You take big breaths of that and the pain should die down." Chappo explained and you did as told and put the whistle in your mouth and breathed in.

Within a few more breaths, you were completely pain free but not free of the side affects of the whistle.

" Hey Chappo!" You called.

" Yes (y/n), I'm glad to see that it's working!" He laughed.

"I need to tell you a secret but you have to promise not to tell Chappo. Okay?" You asked.

"Ummm okay?" He answered hesitantly- not quite sure what to say.

You could hear laughter coming from the desk and you looked over to see Whippet, Maxi, Jesse, Kerrbox and one of the Bondi cameramen all suffocating themselves from laughter; they must have come in while you were concentrating on relieving your pain via the whistle that was in your hand.

"Shhhhhhhh!" You instructed, causing them to laugh harder.

"Come here." You directed Chappo who was trying to suppress his laughter at your action.

"Okay what do you want to tell me?" He questioned.

"Promise you won't tell Chappo?" You asked and held out your little finger.

"Promise." He said linking his pinky with yours. This resulted in another fit of laughter among the boys. You leaned over to your brothers ear and whispered.

"I hid Chappo's shorts in the sofa!"

"Did you really?" He enquired, wanting to play along with whatever was going on in your muddled up brain.

"Yea but he can't EVER find out." You warned.

"OK." He chuckled and placed the whistle back in your mouth for you take breath through once again.