Blood

After you had explained the situation to Hoppo, he had told you it was no problem if you were to stay on dry duty for the next nine months but that the guys would probably get suspicious. You had decided to keep it from them all except your brother. You and Harrison knew it was very early but Chappo would definitely figure it out or just get really worried.

That morning, you were in the tower with your brother which was the perfect opportunity to reveal the news to him.

"Hey Chips..." You began, putting your binoculars down on the desk.

"Yea..." He replied, placing his down too and turning to face you.

"You know yesturday when me and Harrison said we went to the cafe..." You started to explain.

"Oh yea, where were you really?" He asked.

"We were over in the staff toilets." You told him which definitely left him with more questions than answers.

"Why?" He enquired, looking exceedingly confused. To this, you didn't answer, but instead walked over to your bag and pulled out the pregnancy test from yesturday and handed it to him.

"Oh my gosh.... are you....?" He questioned excitedly, gesturing to your stomach.

"Yep, the doctor reckons nearly two weeks." You answered, grinning from ear to ear as you gazed upon your brother's astounded and delighted face.

"Congratulations!" He exclaimed before getting up and wrapping you in an enermous embrace.

"Thanks! You're going to be an uncle Chips!" You informed him.

"And you and Harrison are going to be parents!" He responded.

"Were you trying?" He asked which you thought was strange as you were almost certain you had told him.

"Yea, we have been for the last nine months or so, I thought I told you." You replied.

"I don't remember you saying anything and I think I would remember something this big."

Just then, Harrison walked into the tower looking panicked and pale.

"Harrison what is it?" You enquired in a more serious tone than the conversation with your brother had been.

"Girl... Hit by board.... Massive cut on leg." He stuttered out. Harrison was an amazing lifeguard but he did have an issue with blood, especially when it came in large magnitude.

"Harri, you need to sit down." You told him as you led him toward the medical bed.

"But.. I.... Need to.... Take med kit down." He continued you stumble over this words.

"Don't worry, I'll go down." Chappo said, who was already grabbing the aforementioned equipment.

"Thanks... Chap."

"No problem, congrats on the baby by the way!" He responded before running out of the tower and down to where the incident was. You would have sat with Harrison until he was completely calmed down but you knew someone had to be watching the water.

"Are you alright it I go and sit on the desk?"You asked him.

"Yea, I'll be fine as long as no more blood comes follows me in here." He half laughed which showed he was becoming more relaxed.

"You're really going to enjoy the birth."