Bet

Over the last two weeks, you and Harrison had already started planning your wedding. You had decided to have it in about six months in the spring time. You both agreed that it obviously had to be at Bondi- where else would be more perfect?

However, tonight you had decided to stay over at Chappo's seeing as Harrison had gone on a guys weekend to Melbourne with Maxi and Jesse. It wasn't that you didn't want to be alone, it was that you didn't really get much time when it was just you and your brother.

"It's crazy isn't it?" Chappo asked, sort of out of the blue.

"What is?" You enquired.

"How you're getting married!" He exclaimed, gesturing to your ring.

"I know, it's weird how quickly time passes." You replied, fiddling with the jewelery.

"You're sounding like me now!" Chappo told you.

"But maybe you're right." You responded.

"How much have you had to drink?"He questioned, thinking that there would be no other explanation as to why you were suddenly in agreement with him.

"Nothing." You informed him.

"Does that mean we can go surfing?" You asked, suddenly energetic.

"Do you have your board?" Your brother replied.

"I'll just use my old one."

Timeskip:

It took the two of you a mere five minutes to get ready (and for you to remember to take off your engagement ring) and begin to make you way down to the beach.

"Reidy just texted, he says he's at Tama and the surf is huge." Chappo informed you after receiving a notification alert on his phone.

"How quick do you think we can run that?" You asked him.

"I don't know, twenty minutes with the boards" He answered.

"Bet you fifty quid I can do it in ten." You challenged, your competitiveness appearing as it always did.

"Bet accepted, there is no way you can." He said, shaking your hand to make it official.

"It's exactly six o clock now, I'll send you a selfie when I'm there at ten past."

"Ready..... Go!"

Timeskip:

The good news was that you didn't injure yourself like normal. However, the bad news was that you really overestimated your running abilities whilst carrying a surf board. You weren't far off: only three minutes. But they were hree minutes that cost you fifty dollars and probably the integrity of your lungs.

"Chappo... do you want to know... a fun fact?" You enquired as you stood, panting, bent over and with you hands on your thighs.

"I want to know why you look like you're about to die." He replied.

"Well... The fun fact... is that... It is a lot harder to run with a... board than first... Thought." You choked out as you continued to gasp for air and stumbled backwards so you ended up sat on the sand.

"(y/n), you need to breathe slower. Listen in.... And out.... In..... And out. " He instructed you with one of his hands on your back.

Luckily, after a couple minutes of rhythmic breathing led by your brother, you were starting to feel better and less starved for oxygen.

"Are you alright?" Chappo questioned.

"Just when I thought I had managed to escape injury free."