Moons

You weren't sure how long it had been, but it felt like you and Harrison had been talking for hours. There was something between the two of you that you just couldn't figure out. A connection of some sort that you didn't know how to explain. Whatever it was, it made it seem like you and Harrison had been friends for years.

You were both sat on the sand with your backs up against the wall facing the beautiful sight of the moon and the water.

Over the course of the conversation, you had both subconsciously moved closer to each other.

"You know why I love full moons?" You asked him and he turned to face you with a questioning look on his face.

"Why?" He enquired.

"Because its a sort of reminder that you need every once in a while." You answered, staring up at the sky but still making sure you could see him.

"A reminder of what?" He questioned

"A reminder of how lucky we are."

What happened next surprised you, but not in a negative way. Harrison reach over and put his arm around your shoulders. Ordinarily, you would this quite bold, having only known him for a day, but something about it just felt right.

You sunk into his side and rested your head on his shoulder. He proceeded to lean his  on top of yours and you both looked up to the sky.

Time skip:

After staying in that position for about ten minutes, you felt your phone receive a message from your pocket.

Leaving now, see u in a min. C

"Chappo's just text, he's on his way down. Do you want a lift to Maxi's?" You asked him as you sat upright and got ready to leave the beach.

"Thanks, but I'll just walk, its only round the corner. Are you working tomorrow?" He answered.

"Yea, I'm starting at....ten I think. Are you?" You responded.

"Yea, I start at ten too, I guess I'll see you then." He said with a smile you could hardly see due to the low light.

Just then, you saw your brother's car.

"I'll see you then!" You replied and started to walk away but you felt Harrison hand on your shoulder.

"Thanks for inviting me out tonight, I had a really good time."

"That's OK, I'm glad you came, I really enjoyed it."

You stood there, staring into each others eyes for what seemed like hours but for what wasn't even seconds. You were both lost in the crazy connection you shared.

"So I'll see you tomorrow!" You finally uttured.

"Bye!" He returned and you both went your separate ways.

"Hey Chap!" You greeted once you had got in the car.

"Hi (y/n)! Did you and your boyfriend have a good evening then?" He teased and you elbowed him which caused him to overdramatically exclaim,

"Ow!"

"Chappo, I met him this morning, he is not my boyfriend!" You assured him assertively.

"Whatever you say." He replied in an unconvinced voice. You just rolled your eyes at him but didn't want to bother with anymore debate over the matter.

To be honest, you were debating things with yourself. What was this amazing energy you had towards each other? Why did you feel like he was a close friend after not even a day. Was it a coincidence that this boy from Christchurch and this girl from Whitehaven would end up working on the same strip a sand?