Priorities

During the first half of the run towards the patient, you were shocked at the lack of pain in your knee. As you began to think that the doctors must of been wrong, it came. It came down like a thousand knives stabbing at your knee but you had to keep going. No matter how much you desired to fall onto the sand and scream out in pain, you had to keep running or someone was going to die. You weren't going to let that happen.

As you got closer to where Mouse was stood on the beach, you could see Chappo starting CPR on his board. You kept telling your legs to go faster but they were pretty mad at you and didn't feel like complying.

"Here.... Defib." You panted, virtually throwing the item into mouse's hands before collapsing onto the floor and finally crying from the excruciating pain.

"(y/n), its OK. I'll call..." Mouse began to pacify, not bothering to ask what was wrong because it was fairly obvious.

" No, Mouse. You need to... focus on him, I'll be.... Fine." You stuttered, pointing to your brother and his patient. Mouse in turn sent you a look which conveyed that he didn't want to leave you but knew that the man in the board was the priority. You replied with a nod towards them and Mouse went to assist.

Timeskip:

Thank goodness he was alright. Although, it had been awful to watch. You subconsciously tensed your body everytime they sent the shock through his body. Three times was what it took but eventually he woke up. The fact it was worth running for, didn't mask the pain you were feeling.

"They want to know how much it hurts on a scale of one to ten." Reidy informed you.

As soon as the paramedics had arrived for the man, the boys' attention had turned to you. Reidy had called the ambulance whilst Chappo sort of squatted infront of you so you could squeez his shoulders to relieve the agony.

" Eleven! " You shouted, once again grasping your brother's shoulders. You felt bad for Chappo but you knew he didn't mind; he had an insanely high pain tolerance- not something that ran in the family.

Timeskip:

After they provided you with a lot of pain relief, the doctors said you could go home which was where you currently were, sat on the sofa with Chappo with your leg resting on the coffee table.

"Hoppo's coming over in a bit, he says he wants to talk to you." Chappo told you.

"Look, I know I shouldn't have left the tower unattended but he doesn't need to come over here and give me a lecture, it wasn't like I had much choice." You responded, not looking foward to having Hoppo tell you off when you already had enough issues to deal with.

It was safe to say that not running with a torn ACL would most definitely be added to your list of things to remember.