Celebrations

Timeskip 1 month:

Today, like a usual Saturday, you were awoken by the feeling of two toddlers crawling on top of you.

You swiftly attached your hearing aids before greeting them.

"Morning boys! Do you know what day today is?" You asked them, a huge smile on both yours, Harrison's and their faces.

"My birthday!" They both shouted in response, causing Annie to stir- she was due to wake up soon.

"That's right! And where are we going today?" Harrison enquired.

"The beach and we go swimming!" Ethan exclaimed.

"And we're going to have a party in the tower aren't we?" You reminded them.

"Uh huh, with big poppers!" Arthur answered, stretching his arms out a far as he could to emphasise just have large they were. The poppers were the same you had bought for the twin's gender reveal and they boys had been wanting the see them for weeks, which was years in toddler time.

As you had predicted, Annie started to cry, announcing that she was ready to get up.

"No cry Annie, it's our birthday!" Arthur informed her, walking over to the crib and pushing him hand through the bars. She grabbed onto his figures and stopped crying for a moment until she realised that her three year old brother wasn't going to release her from her 'cage'.

"Annie, your brother's are three today!" Harrison stated, picking her up and immediately beginning to get attacked by her little fingers grabbing onto any part of his face that she could.

You laughed as he tried to pry her hands from his lips.

"Faces are not for poking little miss Annie." He chuckled along with you.

"Well, now we're all up, shall we get ready for your third birthday?"

Timeskip to late afternoon:

The beach was pretty close to empty so it was time to celebrate Ethan and Arthur's birthday with the lifeguards.

Both the boys and Annie had changed from their beach clothes into matching 'party' clothes:

"There are the birthday boys!" Chappo greeted, picking them both up at the same time as they ran into his arms

Maxi then started singing 'happy birthday' with all the other lifeguards, including you and your husband, joining in. However, all you could here was Annie babbling on and on. You weren't sure if she was trying to join in with everyone else or just talking to herself- you presumed the latter.

"Awawawawawa!" She continued to ramble on after the sing had finished.

"Annie singing like mumma." Ethan, who was sat on his uncle's hip, commented.

"Awawawa..." She mumbled to herself, slightly quieter than before. She had only recently started babbling, but when she was excited she did it almost continuously.

"Mumma is time for poppers?" Arthur enquired, wriggling around in Jethro's hold from anticipation.

"I think it is!" You answered before Maxi revealed the two giant party poppers and passed one to you after you handed a still babbling Annie to Harrison.

"Max, are you sure you want to do this, I mean, after last time and all?" Whippet questioned. Maxi just sent him a look as if to say 'Really? That was ages ago! I got this!'.

"OK maxi, you go first." You told him. Maxi gladly accepted and stood in the middle of the room, turning around so the popper faced away from all of you.

"Three, two, one...." You all chanted, including Ethan and Arthur who were the most excited out of the entire tower.

However, after the countdown, you didn't recieve the expected bang, followed by a stream of confetti.

Granted, there was a load bang, but instead of the tower becoming consumed by colourful paper, it was filled by your co-worker's groans of pain.

"Congratulation boys, you're three!"