05: Sleeping on a mat

Feng Nian helped Xu Ning open the can, put his paws on his chest, and chewed Xu Ning's remaining rabbit meat slowly.

  The green eyes are half-open, but if Xu Ning pays more attention, you will find that its gaze has been staying on Xu Ning, and it will even lose focus for a moment from time to time.

  The cats who went to hunt and feed themselves to full stomachs all took detours, inexplicably because they didn't want to see Feng Nian's expression.

  Xu Ning's belly was not big, so a large part of the opened can ended up in Feng Nian's belly.

  After finishing their meal, the two cats returned to the group of cats and lay down next to each other, squinting their eyes and dozing off.

  Looking at the moon in the sky vaguely, Xu Ning remembered the joke he had heard in his previous life. He leaned close to Feng Nian and whispered: "Humans often say that we can become monsters by absorbing the essence of the sun and moon. If we become monsters, , how about just going to the humans to get food and drink?"

  Feng Nian nodded first and then asked: "What is absorbing the essence of the sun and moon?"

  "Well, absorbing the essence of the sun and moon means basking in the moon and sunshine like us." Xu Ning said with half-open eyes.

  The kitten with pointed ears next to her asked: "What is that monster? Why can you turn into a monster when exposed to the sun and the moon?"

  "I don't know." Xu Ning's voice trailed off, "Monsters are what we look like when we become humans. Even if we don't hunt, we won't go hungry... Huhu~"

  As he spoke, he fell asleep, but the little kitten next to him was aroused by these words.

  "You won't go hungry if you don't hunt. It sounds like a good idea."

 "I want to become a human being. Human beings don't have fur and can appear in the sun early. I want to bask in the sun."

  "But humans don't have fur, they're so ugly."

  "There are also very beautiful humans. It's just that you haven't seen good-looking humans."

  The topic of the kittens went off the rails again. The cat that started the topic was already fast asleep, not even bothering to keep alert.

  The sky lit up white, indicating that the hot sun was about to rise again, and the cats got up and walked to the basement one after another.

  Feng Nian didn't want to wake up Xu Ning, who was sleeping with a rumbling stomach. With the help of Big Fat Orange, he put the kitten on his back and carried it back to his nest.

  Xu Ning opened a crack and saw the black fur, closed her eyes again and went to sleep.

  If you sleep too long at night, you won't be able to sleep well during the day.

  At noon, Xu Ning woke up from the heat.

  It sat upright with its hind legs aside, its whole body exuding resentment at being forced to wake up.

  Her nose was a little dry. Xu Ning wrinkled it, stretched out her pink tongue and licked it, and climbed down from the bed carefully.

  Feng Nian heard the noise, half-opened his eyes and asked, "Ning Ning, where are you going?"

  Xu Ning rolled her short legs out of bed and said, "I'm thirsty. I'll go down and drink some water."

  "Do you know where the water is?" Feng Nian yawned.