51: Robber

There were obviously people in the patrol team who were cowering, and their unwillingness to move forward was obvious, but no one stepped back or refused to check the situation.

  A group of people appeared at the corner very quickly. There was nothing in the empty alley, not to mention humans, not even a stray rat.

  In the alley with no shelter at all, only the wind blows.

  The stones on the ground rolled twice more under the influence of the wind.

  "It's just wind." Someone in the crowd breathed a sigh of relief.

  "Brother Liu, let's finish our patrol and go back quickly." The person inside who looked very timid asked cautiously.

  The man named Brother Liu glared at him fiercely and said, "Go back? What if someone comes out to do bad things when we are not patrolling? Can you guarantee that it was not your home or your relatives' home that was robbed?"

  When the man heard this, his mouth squirmed. After a long time, he collapsed and covered his head and said: "But many people have died. They all died while patrolling. I don't want to die. There is an old man at home, my daughter." He's only three years old this year..."

  The man's broken sobs were particularly harsh at night, causing the other patrolmen to show uncontrollable expressions of sadness.

  Brother Liu lit up a cigarette and took a deep puff. He waited until the man's sobs subsided before he said, "Everyone is in trouble at home, otherwise we wouldn't come out to patrol at this time."

  "If you don't want to, just take today's subsidy and stop coming. But you also have to think clearly. Working in the patrol team is not good, but there are also many people who want to come over. If you leave and then join the patrol team, then you can It's not that easy anymore."

  The man covered his head and said nothing. After a long time, he stood up and continued patrolling with the others. He did not say whether he wanted to quit the patrol the whole time.

  They were patrolling so seriously that they didn't notice the two cats hanging far behind them.

  Cats have good ears and can clearly hear the conversation of the person in front of them even from such a long distance.

  Xu Ning shook his ears and wondered: "Why does it sound like a group of robbers?"

  "Robber?" Feng Nian tilted his head in confusion.

  It rarely comes into contact with humans, and can only partially understand human words. At this time, it relies entirely on Xu Ning to hear what happened, and it doesn't understand where the robbers came from.

  "For us to come to human territory and take their things by force is robbery. Oh, if it is not discovered, it is theft." Xu Ning added casually before continuing: "Robbers are humans who forcibly take things from other humans. ."

  "Humans have human rules, and this is not allowed. The presence of such a person will make other humans particularly wary."

  Xu Ning twitched his little ears again, "And a human on patrol is dead. This group of people must be particularly bad. They not only rob things, but also kill people."

  Feng Nian didn't care much about human rules. What did those things have to do with cats? He continued to ask: "Do you know where the robbers are? We need to avoid them in our future actions."

 Human beings are very timid, but this group of people kills all other humans, and they will definitely not be merciful when faced with a group of cats and dogs like them.

  Xu Ning shook his head, "I don't know where it is. They patrol to prevent robbers from coming out to steal things."

  What Xu Ning did not say was that he was not sure whether the robber was human.

  Mutated animals have various abilities, and there are always animals that are particularly good at using them to target humans.

  But if it's an animal, it's actually a good thing for them. At least they don't have to worry about the other party using human attacks to hurt them.

  "Let's go back. No matter what we do in the next few days, we must avoid humans. It's best not to let them see our existence." Xu Ning said.

  Feng Nian nodded and left the wall following the scent of his companions.

  After the two cats were far enough away, the patrol team patrolled the area again without worry.

  "I still feel like there was something here just now. I'll tell someone when I go back to hand over the situation and focus on this."

  "knew."

  As a tourist town, this town is particularly large.

  Leaving the direction from which they came down the mountain and running toward the town on the other side of the river, Feng Nian and Xu Ning quickly found the traces left by the original cats and dogs.

  The vines on the ground noticed the movements of the two cats and raised a tip on the bridge, as if swaying in the wind, attracting their attention.

  There was no wind in the town at night, and Feng Nian and Xu Ning, who had lost most of their smell due to the water, found vines and kept walking across the bridge.

  The scent of their companions appeared again, and this time the two cats no longer had to sniff carefully to find their destination. Following the vines that rushed forward quickly, they soon saw a white Pekingese dog poking its head.

  Qiqi came out to take a look when she felt the vines she left behind reacted. When she saw that Feng Nian and Xu Ning were coming, she jumped up and down with joy, and when they came over, she took the two cats into the dog hole together.

  This is a B&B, which is clean and beautiful inside, but it can be seen that no one has been here for a long time. The accumulated leaves on the ground and the dust on the stool rails are so thick that they look like they have been abandoned.

  Eisen quietly appeared not far from the two cats. Seeing Xu Ning's curious face, he explained in a low voice: "There are no traces of human activities on this side of the river, and there are very few human lives on the other side close to the river, so we will This is where we'll rest for the time being."

  When Feng Nian saw Aisen explaining to the kitten, his brows jumped. If he hadn't understood that Aisen had no idea about the little white cat, it would have exploded again.

  Xu Ning got off Feng Nian's back, whose hair suddenly became a little fluffy for some reason, and said, "It should be where the tourists lived before. It's normal that there are not many people here."

  With the weird weather now, no one would travel. People who are not locals have returned home early. Local people probably have houses elsewhere, so the facilities built for the convenience of tourists are naturally vacant.

  Feng Nian asked: "Do you know the specific situation here?"

  They came down the mountain mainly for supplies. If there were useful things on this side of the river, they couldn't be wasted.

  Eisen nodded, "There are many shops here for humans to buy things. There is not much food. There is a pharmacy and two pet shops."

  It would be nice to have a pet shop.

  Hearing this, Xu Ning breathed a huge sigh of relief.

  Although I have made preparations to use human items in the future, it is not a real human being after all. It is best to have items specifically for animals.

  Especially when it comes to medicines, it really doesn't dare to take them from humans and feed them to everyone.

  Feng Nian also breathed a sigh of relief. He glanced at the moon in the sky and made a decision.

  "It's still early, let's go to the pet shop first to pack up the things we need and put them in Ningning's space."