62: Preparing for War

On the way back after getting the news from the middle-aged man, Xu Ning was silent for a long time.

  "Gao Fei, you go back and call everyone to gather. We need to have a meeting."

  Gao Fei didn't understand what the human said just now, but he probably understood that the matter was probably serious, otherwise the heartless kitten who was always happy would not be so silent.

  At this moment, it heard Xu Ning speak. It breathed a sigh of relief and responded crisply. It flapped its wings and accelerated away from here towards Cat Dog Mountain.

  The Cat and Dog Mountain was very big, and it was hard to find it even if everyone spread out to hunt. So Gao Fei simply used the bird food Xu Ning gave him to hire a group of birds, and asked them to notify the cats and dogs in various places to come back and gather.

  Everyone was still dubious when they were suddenly told to gather by Niao, but since it was Xu Ning who called out suddenly, they all rushed over.

  Not to mention other things, the wisdom that Xu Ning has always shown has convinced many cats and dogs in the team.

  By the time they arrived, Xu Ning had been squatting on the dried wood for a while.

  "Ning Ning, why did you call us here?" Sanhua asked first.

  Xu Ning's state was very strange, making his hair stand on end, as if something bad was about to happen.

  "Well, there is something very important." Xu Ning nodded and asked, "Is everyone here?"

  The German shepherd who had just arrived said: "I didn't let the bitch and puppies in the cave come over."

  No matter how big the matter is, it is impossible for the dog gang to let the mother dog and the puppies who have just given birth go out to work. Xu Ning heard what De Mu said and didn't care about it, and just said: "They don't need to come over."

  Then Fatty and Hutch, who went on patrol, came back with a team of cats and dogs.

  Xu Ning looked around and said, "It seems they are all here."

  "Come on, Ning Ning, just tell me if you have anything to do. My flesh is still soaked in water!" Youmao said hurriedly.

  Xu Ning was amused by its pitiful words and then became serious again.

  "I learned something today that will threaten our lives." He looked at the puzzled commotion of other cats and dogs, "Human beings know about our existence, and tomorrow morning there will be a team of 20 people going up the mountain to hunt. The target is us."

  "How could it be us?"

  "Where did they know we existed?"

  "Are we going to escape?"

  There was a commotion in the team soon, and Hutch asked before the voice got louder: "Ning Ning, what do you think?"

  As the smartest kitten in the team, Xu Ning has always been very thoughtful. When Hutch asked Xu Ning, everyone suddenly became quiet and looked at Xu Ning with burning eyes.

  Xu Ning licked his nose and said: "We are about to encounter danger. As the lord, Feng Nian is not here. I have the audacity to arrange for everyone to resist humans. Do you think it is okay?"

  Hutch and the more powerful cats and dogs in the team had a reflex to agree, but Xu Ning glared back. Xu Ning wanted to see what attitude the other cats and dogs had towards Feng Nian's protection.

  I didn't hear the powerful ones speak. The cats and dogs in the team whispered for a long time before someone said in a low voice: "I don't have powers, but if Ning Ning needs it, you can call me at any time."

  This voice was followed by many echoes, but some cats also asked: "Can't we run away first and fight back when the boss comes back?"

  "Yes, yes, the boss is so powerful, those humans will definitely be scared when it comes back."

  This sound was about half the same as the previous one. Xu Ning felt a little more comfortable. At least Feng Nian's efforts had been recognized and trusted by all the cats and dogs.

  Xu Ning shook his big tail and said: "Feng Nian is very powerful, but if it is not here now, humans will invade our territory."

  "Of course we can run away first and fight back when Feng Nian comes back, but do you think you can outrun human bullets? Oh, bullets are things that can hit us from hundreds of meters away."

  "The territory belongs to all our cats and dogs. When Feng Nian is around, he will naturally protect the entire territory. But when needed, we have to protect this territory ourselves."

"Humans are about to appear. There are still newborn cubs in the territory. They can't even be blown by the wind now. Our team has no chance to retreat and must face the menacing humans."

  "But, but, that's a human being..."

  Humans have so many tools, and they can easily catch them when they just want to escape. If they rush to attack, aren't they really going to die?

  Hearing this, Xu Ning looked over and said, "What's so scary about humans? We have special powers. We can run faster than before, have greater strength than before, and can attack from a long distance. As long as we control it properly, humans can't do anything. You can't beat us."

  Before a new round of commotion broke out, Xu Ning continued: "Of course, cats and dogs without special powers need to protect the puppies from behind, and if the fight lasts too long, you need to help us deliver food and water. But no Can?"

  "Can!"

  Hutch was the first to speak out, followed by the slightly slower big fat orange Sanhua and German Shepherd.

  After the most powerful ones opened their mouths, the other cats and dogs naturally agreed.

  "Okay, then, those who don't have special powers will go to the Dog Gang to move the puppies and bitches to the big cave, and the rest will discuss how to deal with humans tomorrow."

  The team soon emptied out by half, and the remaining cats and dogs were still hesitant, but none of them showed signs of flinching.

  The discussion lasted from daylight until the moon was high in the sky, and then everyone dispersed to take a short nap to adjust to the dangers that would arise in a few hours.

  *

  On this morning, Cat and Dog Mountain became lively very early. The busy cats and dogs gathered near the bamboo forest. I didn't understand why they were crazy. The bamboo rats and birds shivered away from this place.

  If they know enough about cats and dogs, they will find that all the people here are the ones with superpowers, while the ones without superpowers are outside the big cave, guarding the pregnant dogs who were temporarily transferred to the big cave last night. and the pups.

  There was the sound of a car moving forward at the foot of the mountain. Xu Ning yawned loudly to cheer himself up.

  The cat guarding the foot of the mountain ran back, and the cats and dogs up here knew that humans were really coming.

  Xu Ning said: "According to what was said yesterday, everyone should spread out and enter the bamboo forest, and get rid of their wooden warehouses first."

  This group of cats and dogs all have different powers. They really have nothing to fear from humans, except for Mucang Zhi. Even cats and dogs with speed powers are not sure they can dodge bullets.

  After hearing Xu Ning's words, everyone dispersed. It was the first time they faced humans like this, and they were extremely nervous, but since humans had already invaded their territory, they couldn't just sit back and do nothing.

  Just like Xu Ning said, they can't expect everyone's territory to be protected by a cat named Feng Nian. They have newborn cubs behind them.