79: Eating

Winter is indeed sad. What Feng Nian didn't expect was that his kitten would be so afraid of the cold.

  The snow has just begun to fall outside now. Judging from last year's cooling situation, there will be at least two or three major drops in temperature. What should the kitten do by then?

  Feng Nian didn't want to think about things that were too pessimistic. He licked the kitten's hair and said in a gentle voice, "It's okay. You're just not used to it yet. Once you get used to it, you won't feel so cold."

  Xu Ning knew that this was just Feng Nian's words to comfort it, but he couldn't help but think about what if it was true? Has it ever been a cat before? How does it know how cats adapt to winter?

  The white cat let out a long sigh and buried his face in the black cat's belly without moving.

  The two cats became hot together, and the down jackets around them quickly warmed them up. Xu Ning couldn't fall asleep after squinting for a while, so he took out a storybook from the space.

  Feng Nian moved his body to make room for Xu Ning to put the book. Xu Ning opened the book and briefly read the contents before starting to tell Feng Nian a story.

  Through the thick down jacket, the cats and dogs outside didn't know that the two cats inside started telling stories again. No cats came to interrupt, so Xu Ning slowly talked about the contents of the book, returning from time to time. Take a look at the previous content and repeat it.

  After telling a story, it was already seven o'clock in the evening, and Xu Ning mustered up the courage to step out of the nest.

  The wind outside had stopped now, and it was much warmer inside the cave. Xu Ning shook his hair, lowered his body and stretched, and then followed Feng Nian down and walked towards the fire.

  When the temperature had just cooled down, there were already a lot fewer cats around here. Xu Ning smelled the aroma of meat coming from the dog gang and said to Feng Nian: "Let's cook something to eat too. We want to eat something hot."

  As a human habit, if you don't eat something hot and spicy in winter, it's like missing something crucial, making your winter uncomfortable.

  As a cat, it no longer has this physical need, but its inner need is still there. Moreover, eating it with mouth-heating food is also very happy for cats!

  Feng Nian had no objection. He went to the place where the utensils were placed in the cave and dragged the pot out. He looked at the empty fire above, then at the pot in front of him, and looked at Xu Ning helplessly.

  You can't throw this pot directly on the fire, right?

 Xu Ning looked at the crowd, put an iron table stand on it from the space, and took out a barbed wire fence.

  "Feng Nian, separate the net from here and get two pieces out."

  The wind blade fell down just as Bai Mao was in position, and two square nets came out. Xu Ning directed Feng Nian to place the nets on the large iron table frame.

  That kind of table is what you would call a common table in rural areas. In winter, humans would put a quilt on the table, then put the fire into the stove and put it in. Once the quilt covers the legs, they will be very warm.

  Of course Xu Ning didn't have a quilt or tabletop. He just dragged out the iron frame and placed the iron mesh on it. Xu Ning directed Feng Nian to put the remaining small piece of iron mesh on the middle pole and let it After the bundle was tight, it was moved to the fire.