🧡SAYAKA: 2nd Best🧡

Y/n giggled at her two best friend's, they were harrassing her with hugs and happy birthdays. She waved them off before looking around for her girlfriend.

"Something wrong?" Yumeko asked.

"Have you seen Sayaka? She said she'd come join us at lunch." Y/n pouted.

"I'm sure she's just running late don't worry." Yumeko grinned.

"Yeah probably." Y/n hummed.

They spent lunch gossiping about the party tonight and their dates. Mary was going with Ririka and Yumeko with Midari. Y/n was more focused on trying to find her girlfriend. When the bell rang indicating the end of lunch she got up frowning.

"Here. So everyone knows it's your birthday." Mary grinned tying a balloon loosely on her wrist.

"You're an idiot." Y/n laughed.

"I know." Mary giggled.

The three headed to class, y/n getting a few stares because of the balloon. She perked up seeing Sayaka enter the room but her smile faltered when Sayaka gave her a confused look.

"Y/n. The president wishes to speak with you." Was all she said.

Y/n excused herself and left the room, following her girlfriend happily.

"Why do you have a balloon on your wrist?" Sayaka asked.

"Mary gave it to me." Y/n grinned waiting for her girlfriend to say happy birthday.

"Oh." Sayaka frowned.

Sayaka didn't understand why Mary would give y/n a random balloon. Especially when it's against school uniform and well, its just weird. They made it to the council room and y/n entered. Kirari sat there staring at the two as they entered, she grinned seeing the balloon.

"Is this an early birthday gift?" Kirari asked.

"What?" Y/n asked confused.

"My birthday is in 4 days. The balloon. It was a joke." Kirari spoke.

"Mary gave it to her. I don't know why." Sayaka glared at it as she went towards the president.

"Anyway, I wanted to ask if I could steal Sayaka for the night. She can sleep at mine or I can drop her back off at her house. We just have a lot of student council work to catch up." Kirari spoke.

Y/n looked at Sayaka expecting her to say something but instead Sayaka was grinning at y/n. She nodded slowly.

"Yeah...I guess you can steal her." Y/n shrugged.

"Thank you y/n. I didn't want to steal her if you two had plans." Kirari spoke watching the girl's body language change.

"We don't have plans till your birthday party. Y/n's my date." Sayaka grinned.

"Great. I'll let you head back to class." Kirari dismissed her.

Y/n left the room feeling upset, her own girlfriend forgot her birthday. Yet she knew exactly when Kirari's was? It felt horrible, like a stab in the back. When she did make it to class she never spoke a word or even glanced up. She only stared at her desk. The balloon was torn from her wrist as soon as she could and she made her way to the bathroom after classes.

"Hey Kirari don't forgot no meeting today!" Midari called peeking her head into the student council room.

"What? It's always student council?" Sayaka questioned stopping the girl.

Midari pulled Yumeko into the room as Ririka and Mary followed too. The four of them stood confused at Sayaka's statement.

"We all have somewhere to be at 6pm..." Mary points out.

"We have a meeting till 6:30. Take your seats." Sayaka spoke.

"Really? You of all people should know that we're busy today." Yumeko spoke.

"I'm not following." Kirari spoke up.

"It's y/n's birthday." Ririka smiled not wearing her mask.

They all looked at Sayaka as the fear and shock sunk into her face. She forgot, no wonder y/n looked so upset earlier. She knew she screwed up instantly.

"Well isn't this interesting. She never mentioned it to me. Sayaka how come you don't want to party?" Kirari asked the girl.

"I-I-" Sayaka couldn't find any words.

"You forgot didn't you?" Mary asked.

"No-I-" Sayaka was getting frustrated.

"You did! You're her girlfriend! She's been excited to see you all day and now you're bailing her for Kirari? That's low even for you." Mary glared.

"We can postpone our meeting Sayaka. I assume you have to find y/n." Kirari giggled.

"Has anyone seen y/n since lessons?" Yumeko asked.

"I thought she went straight home?" Midari asked her girlfriend.

"Last I checked her stuff was still at her locker." Ririka spoke up.

"She's still at school. Fuck." Sayaka ran out.

"Yeah I really do suggest you find her." Midari laughed.

Y/n was gathering her stuff, this time she had gathered it all to leave and head home. She started heading to the exit, not hearing Sayaka yell for her. As she went to leave the doors a body collided with her's hugging her from the back.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Sayaka cried.

Y/n didn't speak, only looked down.

"I'm sorry y/n. Please forgive me. I didn't mean too." Sayaka begged.

"This is the 4th time you've forgot about our plans...just this month." Y/n spoke.

"I'm sorry. Please." Sayaka begged.

"Go back to Kirari. You love her more and could never say no to her. I'm just 2nd best as usual. So leave me alone." Y/n shrugged her off starting to walk away.

"Y/n wait. You're my girlfriend. I love you. I don't want us to end like this." Sayaka cried.

"Too late for that." Y/n continued walking.

"Yeah you fucked up." Midari spoke up as Mary and Yumeko ran off to catch their friend.