🤍RIRIKA: Día de Muertos🤍

Again, please inform me if this is offensive or such. I don't mean it to be but please respect other's cultures. Día de Muertos is a beautiful thing and respect it.

Y/n waited for her flight home, smiling at the thought of being reunited with her family. Of course she adored her girlfriend, Ririka was her support but it was nice to get back for Día de Muertos. It was important to y/n that she get back especially after the year she had. She yawned loudly though making a few people in first class glare at her. It was 2 days before Día de Muertos and y/n was excited.

"Flight 938 has been cancelled due to a volcanic eruption that caused flight delays and traffic." A voice called.

"No!" Y/n yelped.

"Any re-books or help please go to customer services." The voice continued.

Y/n ran straight there, before noticing the queue, it had to at least be 200 people plus. Y/n grabbed her phone calling her mother.

"Hey honey." Her mom spoke.

"My flight has been cancelled!" Y/n cried.

"What? How?" Her mother worried.

"The flights are delayed and the volcano." Y/n cried.

"Call your girlfriend y/n stay with her until you are able to get home. Hopefully there will be flights tomorrow...shut up...no...y/n, your father informed me that flights might be cancelled for a week." Her mom spoke.

"What!? A week!? I'll miss Día de Muertos!" Y/n exclaimed.

"I'm sorry baby. Try and make sure you're safe okay? I'll you tonight." Her mom spoke hanging up.

Y/n then proceeded to call her girlfriend crying already.

"Y/n? What happened? Are you okay?" Ririka worried.

"My flight was cancelled." Y/n cried.

"I'm on my way...yes airport again." Ririka spoke to the driver.

Y/n grabbed suitcase and walked out as Ririka was stood outside the limo. Y/n ran over and cried hugging her, she loved going home to family. Ririka held the girl tightly and comforted her. Y/n felt like shit, it was like her entire year was completely ruined finally. Ririka took her girlfriend home, thankfully y/n fell asleep along the way. Ririka called her sister and informed her of the delay and Kirari was perfectly okay with it. She had heard the news herself and did worry about y/n's flight. Ririka then held her girlfriend until they arrived. Once they did she woke her up,? Y/n just stayed quiet.

"Come on baby." Ririka smiled leading the girl to her room.

Y/n just followed and laid in bed curling up onto Ririka's side. Ririka sighed and then climbed in bed herself pulling the girl close. The two stayed like this for the day, well into the night also till y/n's phone rang. Y/n was asleep and Ririka answered for her.

"Hello, y/n's asleep." Ririka comments leaving the room.

"How is she?" Y/n's mom asked.

"Heartbroken. She had not stopped telling me about it all week." Ririka sighed.

"She's strong. Remind her of that. I really want her home also trust me but she can't. Please keep an eye on her during Día de Muertos." Y/m/n commented.

"Wait. Can I ask you something?" Ririka asked.

Y/n stayed in bed all night and for the entire next day. Ririka had business and was busy, she kept checking up on her but y/n just looked numb. When Día de Muertos did arrive y/n could barely make it to breakfast, Ririka made sure her girlfriend ate.

"I have a surprise for you." Ririka grinned.

"Not today Riri." Y/n mumbled.

"I'm not taking no as an answer. Get dressed and be here for 2pm." Ririka grinned.

2pm did arrive and y/n was fully dressed looking at her girlfriend confused. Y/n was further confused when Ririka pulled her towards the back rooms of the house that were used for ballrooms or meeting halls.

"Where are we-are those flowers?" Y/n asked seeing colourful flowers on the floor.

"I know you can't see your family nor celebrate Día de Muertos with them. So I brought the celebration here." Ririka opened the doors.

The floor had colourful flowers scattered around, papel picado's were hung around the room. Y/n was amazed as she walked in but tensed seeing an ofrenda at the end of the room. She slowly walked over alone and smiled seeing her family members in picture frames, she felt tears fall down her face. She knew the exact set up would resemble her family's. She looked at Ririka smiling widely.

"I know. I know we are from 2 very different cultures but I wanted you to feel at home. Your mom helped me yesterday, she she was bossy. But here." Ririka held out one last frame.

Y/n walked over slowly and took it, her heart stopped for a moment. She looked it over and then at her girlfriend. Slowly y/n placed the frame on the afrenda, smiling to herself. Her grandma was now in the perfect place and she knew she was looking down at her. Ririka hugged her girlfriend from behind when y/n fell to the floor. She had only just lost her grandma a few months ago and it was still hurting her. Ririka hugged her tightly and held her. After some time y/n prayed to the afrenda for ehr family and then stood up looking at her girlfriend. She noticed Ririka was also praying but turned her head hearing the doors open.

"We heard you might be in need of pan de muerto." Kirari smiled.

Yumeko, Mary and half the student council stood holding offerings as they all dressed up. Y/n looked at her girlfriend before hugging her tightly thanking her.