Camp Rock (Calum Hood) - Part 5

word count: 2396
requested by: none
warnings: none
fandom: 5 seconds of summer, disney
au type: camp rock, camp
summary: you'd always wanted to go to camp rock and now that you finally were, it seemed like the only place things went from there was down
inspired by: Disney's "Camp Rock"
authors notes: i hope u all enjoyed reading this series as much as i enjoyed writing it 🥺🥺

❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀

Calum's POV

"Cait, no! I don't want anyone to hear this before Final Jam!" Calum heard you giggle, making his heart skip.

While you spent your time sulking, Calum wasn't doing much better if he was being honest. Despite still being furious with you, he couldn't deny that he felt as though a part of him was missing – the part of him that looked forward to spending time with you at the lake every day. And he certainly wasn't going to lie to himself and say that he didn't notice when Caitlyn walked into the songwriting cabin and you weren't with her, the notebook tucked between her elbow and side evidence that you weren't coming to the class at all.

"Come on!" he heard Caitlyn's whine next, "How am I supposed to write the music if I don't know the words?" Calum felt his throat close slightly when he realized you'd written a song – he was supposed to be helping you get your groove back, but you'd apparently found it without him.

"You can read them," you offered, "But you just can't say them."

"What if I have a question?!"

"You're being so dramatic," you laughed again, "We'll figure it out; We always do!"

"You're right!" she announced, sitting up straight, "We are an unstoppable force and we can do anything we set our minds to!"

"Yeah, Cait," you snorted softly, "Whatever you say."

Calum quickly walked in the direction you weren't headed, not wanting to listen to anymore. He didn't understand why he was so hurt – you were the one who betrayed him, after all – but he couldn't stand the thought of not being the one to help you with your writing. So instead of sticking around, he returned to his cabin to do the same thing he'd been doing since Saturday afternoon: lay in bed and stare up at the ceiling, wondering how he could have been stupid enough to trust someone so easily.

~

One week later

The night of Final Jam, Calum was anything but excited to go. If it were up to him, he would have just stayed in his cabin and packed his bags, ready to bolt out of camp the moment the sun rose the next morning. But of course, since Brown was his uncle, he wasn't allowed to do that – no matter how much he begged. So he went about his day on his way back from breakfast, deciding to take a walk around the campground instead of barricading himself in his bunk for the tenth straight day.

But if there was one thing Calum had learned throughout his time at Camp Rock, it was that he shouldn't be so quick to judge.

As Calum was passing a cabin near the lake, he could hear voices coming from inside. He didn't think much of it and was just going to continue his journey, but his curiosity got the better of him when he heard your name. At first, he thought someone was talking to you, but as the conversation went on, it was clear that they were actually talking about you. And, to be honest, he really shouldn't have been surprised who it was when he realized what she was talking about.