Prompt Blurb #1: Calum Hood (Part 5)

prompt: "i don't want anything to do with you anymore."

~

One week later

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Michael shouted as Calum pulled you inside whoever's house you were at to ring in 2019.

"That's not for another couple house, mate," your boyfriend chuckled softly before turning to you, "I'm gonna go get us some drinks." You nodded and watched him walk off while Michael continued on.

"Luke!" he called out, "Guess... Guess who... Guess who's here!" The blonde slinked his way around the corner, his grin becoming wider when he saw you.

"Y/N!" he cheered, giggling when he nearly dropped the cup in his hand, "I'm so-" He hiccuped. "-so happy you're here!"

"Guys," you shook your head, an amused smile on your face, "It's only 9:30. How much could you have possibly drank already?"

"It's the- It's the new year!" Michael giggled as well, "We... We're hav-having fun!"

"I am surrounded by idiots," you rolled your eyes, still grinning.

"You love us!" Luke pouted obnoxiously, "Becau-Because we-" He took a moment to giggle again at nothing. "-love you so much!"

You scrunched your face up when Luke grabbed the sides of your head and pressed the sloppiest kiss you'd ever gotten in your life to your cheek before giggling again and trotting away with Michael to you-didn't-know-where. You groaned as you wiped your cheek on the shoulder of your shirt, hearing a soft chuckle beside you.

"Told you they were affectionate drunks," Calum mentioned as you looked at him. You sighed lightly, thanking him when he handed you your drink.

"I do love 'em though," you admitted, making him laugh again.

"How about we go find Ash? I'm sure he's pacing himself and will actually be able to hold a decent conversation." He smiled when you laughed at the comment, happily tagging along on his quest to find his best friend.

~

Two hours later; 11:55pm

You walked out of the bathroom, trotting back downstairs to find Calum before the New Year's countdown started. You just reached the entryway to the living room when you heard an obnoxious scoff coming from the kitchen.

"Thought this house was big enough that I wouldn't run into you," the voice behind you said. You immediately froze in place, taking a subtle deep breath before turning around to face the person talking to you.

"Hello, Maisie," you greeted her politely, "How are you?"

"How am I?" she laughed bitterly, "Well, I've had to listen to everyone ask me 'what ever happened to that boy you wouldn't stop talking about before Christmas?' all month. You know, the boy you stole from me?" She glared at you – seemingly trying to scare you, but you didn't give her the satisfaction.

"Maisie, if you want to be mad at me for dating Calum after you, that's fine," you stated confidently, "But I'm not the one who ruined your relationship with him – that's all on you. If you liked him as much as you said you did, you wouldn't have lied to him about who you were, and definitely not for as long as you did. Cal moved on from you whether you like it or not, and you're in no place to try and tell him what to do. I love you, and I'll always be grateful for the memories I have with you, but after everything you did to Cal and after everything you've said to me because of it, I don't want anything to do with you anymore."

Maisie stood in a stunned silence as you walked away, your heart feeling like it was beating in your throat. You'd never stood up for yourself like that before, and honestly? It felt really good.

"There you are, princess," Calum smiled as you approached him, "Thought I was gonna have to send out a search team."

You didn't respond with the usual laugh you gave him with one of his jokes – you just went to him, wrapped your arms around his torso, and buried your face in his chest. You could sense his confusion when it took him a moment to hug you back.

"You okay, baby girl?" he asked you, his thumb rubbing your shoulder comfortingly. You barely nodded.

"Didn't know Maisie was gonna be here," you said, your voice muffled slightly by his shirt.

"Maisie's here?" Calum's eyes widened, "What happened?"

"Nothing," you sighed, "She just started blaming me for us happening again, and I told her I didn't want anything to do with her anymore if she was gonna keep doing it."

"You did?" you could hear his smile – he obviously knew you weren't one for confrontation either, "M'proud of you, princess."

"Y'are?" you asked softly, tilting your head up to look at him.

"I know how close you two were before everything and how hard it must have been to cut her off, but I'm so proud of you for finally telling her that you weren't gonna allow her to treat you like that anymore," he beamed, leaning in and pressing a kiss to your nose, chuckling when you scrunched it up in response.

"Felt good," you admitted, "Like I can finally stop worrying about whether or not m'gonna run into her, just 'cause I don't care if I do anymore."

"And y'know that's all I've ever really wanted for you," Calum said, kissing your forehead that time.

Your conversation was interrupted by the sea of party-goers gathered around you happily shouting out along with the countdown on the television at the front of the room.

"10... 9... 8..."

You looked around at everyone, smiling to yourself at how happy they all were.

"7... 6... 5..."

You laughed at Michael and Luke, who were holding onto each other's shoulders as they swayed to what you were sure was a different song playing in each of their heads, and Ashton standing near them to make sure they didn't fall over and break anything.

"4... 3... 2... 1! Happy New Year!"

The group cheered loudly, laughing along with each other as a few people pulled out party poppers and sent confetti flying everywhere and noise makers that filled the room with obnoxious buzzing. Those with dates turned to them and pecked their lips to ring in the new year, making you smile at how happy they all were.

You felt two fingers find their way under your chin and a thumb land on top, turning your head and tilting it up. You giggled when your boyfriend's lips landed on yours, feeling him smile as well.

"Happy New Year, baby girl," he murmured into the kiss, causing your grin to grow even bigger. You brought your hands up to his cheeks, holding him in place as if he was even thinking about going anywhere.

"Happy New Year, Cal."

~

WOW THIS TOOK FOREVER DIDNT IT LMAO

prompt used from this list: http://memesandthings.tumblr.com/post/150074519132/text-message-starters-send-one-of-the-prompts