Free Parking (Michael Clifford) - Part 3

requested by anonymous on tumblr

this is more of a blurb bc i didnt plan for anyone to ask for part 3 and now im uncomfy lmao

~

You knew Michael could be a gentleman when he wanted to be, but you honestly didn't expect him to treat you like a princess.

Michael picked you up right on time, waltzing back into the diner the second your shift ended. He walked you out to your car and followed you in his own to your apartment building. You both went inside – he went to visit with Calum while you got changed out of your uniform – and met back up in the hallway a few minutes later.

He opened every door for you both in the building, at the car, and at the restaurant he took you to. To be quite honest, if someone had told you that Michael was this sweet when you'd first met him, you really didn't think you would have believed them.

He decided to take you to the park after dinner, both of you sitting next to each other on a picnic table beside the small pond. He asked about your day and you asked about his before letting a comfortable silence fall over the two of you.

But apparently, he was feeling particularly fidgety that night because he randomly got up and walked over to the pond's edge. He bent down and grabbed a handful of something, returning to the table and allowing you to see that he was now holding a bunch of rocks. He held his hand out to you, but you just looking at him quizzically.

"What are you doing?" you asked him.

"Let's skip some rocks," he suggested.

"I don't know how, Michael," you shook your head.

"Come on," he laughed under his breath, "It's not that hard." You eyed him carefully for a moment before plucking a rock out of his hand and standing up, going over to the edge of the water with him.

You both flung your rocks toward the pond, but his was the only one that skipped across the water, nearly making it to the other side before sinking to the bottom. You huffed lightly, taking a few more rocks from his hand and flinging those as well. But none of them skipped. You found yourself sighing softly once you'd run out of rocks.

"You know how some people are just not meant to be able to do something?" you mentioned, "Maybe this is one of my somethings."

"You probably only need more practice," Michael laughed, picking up a few more flat rocks and walking back to you, "Just do what I do."

He tossed another rock at the water, both of you watching it skip several times before he turned back to you and handed you your own rock. You replayed the motions his arm had done in your head before throwing the rock as well, the flick of your wrist doing absolutely nothing to prevent the plopping down the rock made into the lake.

Michael couldn't keep himself from laughing as you grumbled to yourself in frustration. He put all the rocks down on the picnic table except for one, holding it out to you and informing you he was going to help you. He moved behind you after you took it, his chest almost touching your back, as he took the hand holding the rock in his own. But neither of you made any motion to throw it.

"You know..." he murmured, making you look at him, "If this were a romance movie, this would probably be the part where we kissed..."

"If this rock skips across that water, I'll let you kiss me," you stated confidently, your eyes never leaving his.

"No pressure," he chuckled, making you giggle as he looked back at the water. "I don't know how well this is gonna work since I'm not used to throwing it through another hand," he mentioned, earning himself a playful elbow to the ribs.

"Excuses, excuses," you shook your head as he chuckled in your ear.

"You ready?" he asked. You nodded and he pulled your arm back slightly, then quickly flicked your wrist toward the pond.

You released the rock, watching it do what it had done every other time before, landing in the water with a deep plop. Since this was no surprise to you, you simply stepped away from Michael, causing him to let go of you, and threw your arms into the air.

"I'm beyond help at this point!" you groaned.

"In more ways than one," Michael snickered. You rolled your eyes at the comment, watching him as he reached over to grab another rock and skip it across the water.

"Show off," you mumbled, hearing him laugh once again. He turned to look at you, finding your eyes already on him.

It was silent for a moment before you surprised him by going up to him, grabbing his cheeks, and pulling his face to yours. Though he was taken aback by the sudden gesture, there was absolutely no hesitation in feeling him kiss you back. His hands found your hips almost instantly, letting them slide around your waist so he could hug your lower back and bring your body right up against his.

When you both pulled away to breath, your chests were visibly rising and falling. Michael's forehead fell onto yours, his eyes still closed in content.

"It didn't skip across the water..." he reminded you in a mumble.

"I kissed you," you replied simply, making him smile.

"Can you do it again?" he asked. You giggled under your breath, reaching up so your lips were back on his. "Maybe I should've started parking in your spot sooner," he said, only earning him a slap to the back of the head as you kissed him harder.