Love of My Life (Luke Hemmings)

requested by urnotcarlgrimes, and anonymous and caswinchester2000 on tumblr

i decided to combine these requests bc i thought they would go well with each other so i hope u all like it!!!!

prompts used from this list: http://daniellesimagines.tumblr.com/post/162915162467/prompt-list

22. "Choose me"
27. "If we get caught I'm blaming you"
48. "You're getting crumbs all over my bed"

~

"Luke," you stared at the boy you were sitting next to, an unamused expression on your face. The blonde didn't look up, too immersed in the show playing on his laptop screen. "Luke," you repeated a bit more firmly along with a jab to the thigh.

"Hmm?" he finally looked over at you, the food stuffed in his mouth preventing him from actually speaking.

"You're getting crumbs all over the bed," you deadpanned, making him look down at the area around him to find that he – indeed – was getting crumbs everywhere.

"Sorry," he murmured shyly, and you rolled your eyes.

"You're lucky you're cute," you told him, smiling to yourself as you got up when it made his cheeks turn red. Luke followed suit and you both began brushing the crumbs into your hands to throw them away.

But the moment you reached the trashcan, your lazy day of watching movies with your boyfriend ended.

"Luke?! You still home, mate?!" Michael's voice called out, making you and Luke jump.

"I thought you said he was spending time with his girlfriend!" you shouted in a whisper.

"He said he was!" he defended, "He said he was spending the whole weekend with her!" You felt panic start to bubble up in your chest when you heard your brother's footsteps on the stairs.

"God," you breathed softly, "If we get caught, I'm blaming you." You quickly darted into the closet before Michael knocked on the bedroom door.

Michael had been your brother ever since you were six-years-old – being adopted by Daryl and Karen after spending two years in the foster care system. You met Luke – as did your parents – when Michael was in high school and brought him – and his other friends Calum and Ashton – over to meet the family.

And ever since then, your adoptive parents noticed a change in you.

You had typically been so scared of new people and rarely let anyone in, your fear of abandonment taking over every time. But when you met Luke, it started getting easier

Any time you would hear his voices as they all came into the house on the weekends, you would perk up. If Michael didn't want you around that particular time, you would go to your room and mope for the rest of the day.

Meeting Luke gave you back the sense of importance you didn't think you could feel anymore. It gave you the confidence that, yes, people could still leave you, but the ones who mattered would always stick around. It reminded you that just because one person didn't care about you didn't mean everyone else never would, and neither would your new family.

Meeting Luke made you comfortable enough to start calling Daryl and Karen Mom and Dad, and Michael your brother; He made you feel like you were truly be part of a family again.

"Luke?!" Michael called out again once he reached the top of the stairs.

"In here, Mike!" he called back, making him pop around the door frame.