Accidentally (Michael Clifford)

word count: 1847
requested by: none
pronouns: she/her
warnings: injured elbow (idk what else to call it; it's not bad tho i promise), mentions of past injuries
fandom: 5 seconds of summer
au type: try guys, brother's best friend
summary: your brother and his friends are joining the practice for your roller derby team. what could possibly go wrong? (aka a try guys au where michael is zach, luke is keith, calum is eugene, and ashton is n*d ((minus the cheating with his employee part))
inspired by: "The Try Guys Try Roller Derby" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTpo6M5iynI)
authors notes: this didn't really end up being as good as i was hoping, but i'm sure someone will still enjoy it so i decided to post it anyway!!!
other parts: none

❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀

"Roller derby!" Ashton cheered, getting the video started.

"It's a sport of ladies beating up other ladies!" Calum chirped.

"Everything about this screams 'Don't do it, Michael!'," Michael shook his head.

"We're gonna fall, we're gonna get pushed, we're gonna probably break something," Luke said, "And we're gonna do it with the LA Derby Dolls!"

"I'm actually extra excited we're doing this with the Derby Dolls because Ashton's younger sister is the one that's gonna teach us all about the sport, and I'm really hoping she yells at him a lot," Michael snickered.

"Oh, you know I'm going to," you snickered from off-camera, already sitting in the chair for your interview.

"This is not why we came here today, Y/N," your brother reminded you as he and the boys found their own seats across from you.

"That's why I came here," Calum shrugged.

"Alright, guys," Rachel chuckled from behind the camera, "We're ready when you are."

"Awesome!" Luke grinned, "Y/N, why don't you introduce yourself to get us started?"

"Hi!" you giggled, "My name is Y/N Irwin and I am one of the Lead Jammers for the LA Derby Dolls!"

"Irwin?" Michael wiggled his eyebrows obnoxiously, succeeding in making you laugh.

"Yes! I am Ash's baby sister who acts much older than him," you smiled brightly, earning nods of agreement from everyone including your brother.

"What will we be doing today?" Luke asked.

"I'll be teaching you the basics of the sport – how to maneuver the course, how to stop, how to fall safely, how to score," you informed them, "Then we'll get the rest of the girls and have you play!"

"So we're just jumping right in then," Michael looked overwhelmed already.

"I'm just excited to hit some people," Ashton grinned.

"We don't hit people for the sake of hitting them, Ash, and you have no right to pretend you don't know that," you reminded him. He simply grumbled as the rest of the boys chuckled.

"How well do you think we're going to do?" Luke asked you. You let out a deep breath.

"Do I have to answer honestly?" you wondered. They rolled their eyes, nodding their heads. "I think... I think you're gonna go out there... You're gonna...do some stuff... You're gonna learn a lot..." you trailed off.

"How hurt are we gonna get?" Calum chimed in. You gave them a nervous smile.

"Yes," you nodded. Luke and Calum looked confused while Michael and Ashton just groaned loudly. "Alright, let's get out there!" you chirped, hopping up from your chair.