Found (Ryan Follese)

my boi meghan's birthday is today and she wanted a lil blurb so this is what i came up with!!!!!

~

"Thank you so much!" you told the person on the other end of your phone call before hanging up. You then grabbed the pen from the spiral of your notebook to scribble the time and place for your job interview later that day on the back of your hand before rushing to your next class, not wanting to be late.

It was the chance of a lifetime to receive a call back from your dream job, not to mention it was coming at just the right time.

You were in your last semester of college and, just like every other senior you knew, you were unsure of where your life was going from there. You knew you wanted a job that went with your degree – you just didn't know if anyone would be willing to hire someone who was still a student. So when you found out the only place in the city you really wanted to work for was hiring, you jumped at the chance to apply. And it was probably the idea that you could actually work for them what made your callback even more nerve-racking.

But it was definitely a nice break from thinking about if you'd ever find your soulmate.

~

Ryan's POV

"I think I'm gonna be sick," Ryan grumbled, more to himself than to his siblings. He was staring at the writing on his hand – the writing you'd put on your own.

"Why?" Anna asked, "You've been wanting to meet your soulmate for forever."

"Yeah," Jamie chimed in, "Why not meet them there? You already know where they'll be."

"What if it's a different day?" he shook his head, "What if I get the place wrong? What if they're just not ready to meet me?"

"Ryan, you're psyching yourself out," his sister sighed.

"There's never really the perfect time to meet someone like your soulmate anyway," Jamie added.

"That makes me feel better," Ryan rolled his eyes. 

"Just quit your worrying and just take the chance! I know you, and I know you're going to regret it if you don't."

~

Six hours later

Ryan breathed in and out deeply as he entered the building you'd written on your hand. He still felt like he was going to throw up, but he knew his siblings were right; He knew he'd regret not trying to meet his soulmate when he now knew for sure where they'd be.

"Hi!" the receptionist at the front desk smiled, grabbing Ryan's attention, "Do you have an appointment?"

"Uh... No..." he cleared his throat, "I... This is gonna sound crazy, but... Writing showed up on my hand this morning... My soulmate has an appointment today, and I guess... I was hoping for the chance to meet them..." The girl's eyes widened slightly before nodding.

"I'm not usually allowed to let people just hang around, but my boss can make an exception this one time," she assured him, "You can have a seat over there-" She motioned to the little waiting room in front of them. "-and see if anyone comes in around that time." He gave her a grateful smile, breathing out a sigh of relief that she was letting him stay.

"Thank you," he told her, making her smile as well as he went to sit down.

The wait for his soulmate – or anyone to come into the building, actually – seemed to take forever, but it finally paid off. The front door opened and Ryan's head snapped up, finding you walking in. You looked just as nervous as he was, but he had to tell himself that it wasn't anything to do with his soulmate situation. Though, he couldn't ignore the fact that, as he looked at the clock, it was almost the exact time his soulmate had written on their hand earlier that morning.

"Hello!" the receptionist's voice rang in Ryan's ears again as you approached her desk, "How can I help you?"

"I have an appointment at 4:15," you told her, your leg bouncing nervously.

"Alright! I'll let them know you're here!" You thanked her softly, walking over to the chairs to sit before your legs gave out underneath you.

Ryan couldn't keep himself from watching you as you sat directly across the room from him, looking for the little picture he'd doodled on his left bicep before leaving his house so he'd know who his soulmate was – and his heart started pounding once he saw that same picture peeking out from under the sleeve of your t-shirt.

You weren't looking up – your eyes locked onto your hands as you nervously awaited for your interview – so Ryan frantically searched for a pen or a Sharpie or something, mentally kicking himself for not thinking to bring one with him in the first place. When he lucked out in finding a pen on the table beside him with the magazines, he wrote a simple message for you on his wrist.

Found you

He watched the fingers you were playing with freeze when you noticed the ink show up, turning your wrist up to look at it. Your head then snapped up, your eyes meeting the boy sitting across from you the moment you did. Your heart skipped when he smiled, turning his own wrist toward you so you knew it was really him.

You didn't even hesitate before you were back out of your seat and hurrying across the waiting room. You were going to sit in the chair beside him at first, but right before you reached him, he stood up and wrapped his arms around your waist, so yours went around his neck. You both breathed a deep sigh of relief, happy to finally be hugging your soulmate.

"Sorry I just showed up like this," Ryan admitted, "But I didn't know if I'd ever have this chance again..." He felt you shake slightly as you laughed under your breath.

"It's okay," you promised him, squeezing him gently.

"I'm Ryan."

"I'm Y/N," you returned softly, feeling him smile as he pressed a kiss to the side of your head.

It was silent between you two for a moment before you spoke again.

"Ryan," you murmured. He simply hummed in response, prompting you to continue. "Do you think you can wipe off that picture on my arm?" you asked, "I kind of have an interview in 5 minutes."

~

what a title am i right lmao

inspiration: http://princess-tuna.tumblr.com/post/140598950943/let-gavin-free-soulmate-au-where-when-you-write