Set Up (Ashton Irwin)

"How's Psych?"

You were leaning against the table set up in the front yard of the Alpha Sigma fraternity house, talking to the frat's president. Some boys were selling shirts, some were fixing things for people, and some were even running a kissing booth for charity – as they did quite frequently – and you could always be found with your best friend.

"Kicking my ass," you groaned, making Ashton chuckle, "If Hoffman goes over the same lecture for the fourth time, I'll be the one people read about in their Psych books when I have a mental breakdown."

"Oh, come on, princess," he laughed a little louder that time, "I'm sure it can't be that bad."

"I wanna die every day," you replied with a dramatic whine, "I can't take much more of this! And exams are coming up and I'm just not ready at all."

"Well, you know you've always got a study partner right here," he smiled, patting his chest. You grinned back at him as another frat member was coming up to the table.

"Y/N," Luke shook his head, stopping a couple feet away from Ashton, "You know I love you, but Ash has a job to do and it's not getting done with you distracting him."

"She's not distracting me, Luke," Ashton rolled his eyes while you simply giggled.

"Sorry, Hemmo," you apologized, "I'll go."

"You don't have to go, princess," he insisted before Luke stepped back in.

"How many shirts have you sold since she got here?" the blonde addressed him. Ashton rolled his eyes again and Luke deadpanned, "Exactly. So either she's going to leave until you're done here or we're going to start auctioning her off." Before Ashton could even protest, you were chirping up again.

"I'm down for that," you announced, hopping up onto the table where there was an empty space in front of the lockbox.

"What?" Ashton's head snapped over to you.

"You can auction me off," you nodded.

"You'd seriously do it?" Luke cocked an eyebrow.

"Why not?" you shrugged, "It's for charity, right? Plus, I think it'd be kinda fun!"

"You're sure about this?" he stressed, wanting to make absolutely certain you weren't going to back out.

"Luke!" you laughed, "I'm sure!"

"Sweet!" he grinned, "I'll go make a sign real quick!" After Luke scampered into the house to grab a poster board and a Sharpie, Ashton spoke lowly so no one around would hear him.

"What are you doing?" he asked you.

"I'm helping the cause," you replied, pulling out your phone to check your notifications, not paying attention to the tightening jaw of the boy behind you.

"But like this, Y/N?"

"What's so wrong with this?" you furrowed your eyebrows, putting your phone away and looking over your shoulder at him, "It's not like I'm gonna marry whoever wins the bidding; I'm, at most, going on one date with them. And I think it's great idea! This could really bring in a lot of money for your charity if anyone's interested in me!"

"Plenty of people are going to be interested in you," Ashton grumbled.

"I don't understand what the big deal is, Ash," you shook your head, "Don't you want to raise money?"

He sighed softly, "Of course I do."

"Then why do you seem like you're trying to talk me out of it?"