Love Me Like You (Luke Hemmings)

requested by anonymous on tumblr

this wasn't really the request (they asked for opener for the band) but i'd already had part of this written so i just decided to finish this one for it. this was originally going to be for ashton since i've already written a little mix backup dancer one for luke, but since they wanted luke with their request, i thought i'd just do it again.

i hope you all like it as much as i do!!!!!!

~

Flashback

Little Mix had been one of your favorite bands since the days they each separately auditioned for the X-Factor. You remember screaming in excitement during the season finale when they were announced the winners. You never thought you'd have the chance to ever meet them, let alone become best friends, but you worked incredibly hard for so long, and your dreams finally came true when you got a call saying the girls' choreographer had seen one of your videos online of you dancing to Wings.

Honestly, you'd completely forgotten about it because, by that point, the video was nearly four years old. You didn't think anyone even cared about the video, but it turned out that one of the most important people did. Their choreographer had been so impressed with your moves – the moves you came up with all on your own – and asked if you'd be willing to let them fly you out and join in on a rehearsal, see how well you picked up the moves, and, if all went well, be a backup dancer for them.

And you – obviously – said yes.

It had been nearly two years since you were officially accepted to be a dancer, and there wasn't a single day that went by that you weren't incredibly grateful for all the opportunities you'd gotten because of it. You were able to move to London, you and the girls became closer than you ever dreamed, and you even met your boyfriend when your first tour with them had a couple shows in LA.

End flashback

You were in the UK, backstage with the other dancers as you all rushed around. You were due back onstage for Love Me Like You any moment now, so you had to quickly finish getting changed out of your outfit from the previous song you'd been part of.

"Alright, girls!" the choreographer announced as she came into the room, "Let's go!" The girls helping you quickly finished with your outfit and makeup touchups before allowing you to head to the door. You thanked them as you followed Elizabeth down the hallway toward the stage where she helped everyone get into place.

The curtains were down so Little Mix could quickly take off the jackets they'd had on during Move and Weird People. The girls hurried to get drinks of water and touchups on their makeup, coming back to center stage with smiles as they said their greetings to the dancers. The song started and you heard cheers fill the arena once fans realized what song it was as the curtains opened once again.

The performance started off normally – you and the other backup dancers moved in sync with the girls just as you always did – but as you were dancing this time, you heard cheers get even louder during the second chorus. You figured it was just because the girls did something added to the routine that you didn't know about. And they had, just not in a way you expected.

You came to your usual spot beside Jesy – as you always did during this song as the bridge approached – but when you went to continue dancing, she stopped you. She quickly wrapped her arm around you, bringing you into her side. The other dancers as well as the girls stopped too, clearly having planned something without you knowing.

"I know we don't normally interrupt a song like this, but we just wanted everyone to know about this extraordinary girl right here," Jesy grinned. You gave her a confused smile as she went on. "Y/N has been one of our dancers for almost two years today," she said, making the crowd cheer, "She's been so dedicated to performing with us and we thought it was only fitting for you all to help us thank her for all the work she's put into making the rest of us look like we don't know what we're doing out here." You rolled your eyes but there was no doubt you were nearly in tears at how sweet these girls have been to you since you started working with them. "So we thought that – since this is her favorite song to perform with us – we would give her a little surprise right in the middle!"

"You guys ready?!" Perrie squeaked happily, earning a cheer in response. "Okay, on three, we want you to go as crazy as you possibly can for our lovely Y/N! One!"

"Two!" Jade chirped.

"Three!" Leigh-Anne chimed in from the side of the stage. You looked over, wondering why she was so far away and that was when you realized why they were doing this.

With both you and your boyfriend on tour, it had been hard to find time to Skype or even have down time at the same time to just text each other. So when you found Leigh-Anne coming toward you with him, you immediately started crying. Your hands found your face and Jesy's arm fell off of your shoulders as you sunk to the floor, staying on your feet but unable to continue standing as the girls and the rest of the dancers moved back and continued on with the song, going into the bridge.

Luke had the biggest grin on his face as he walked across the stage, happy word of the surprise didn't find its way to you. He stopped beside you, leaning over. The moment his hand touched your back, you were back on your feet, jumping into his arms. You felt him chuckle as your arms wrapped around his neck and your legs around his waist, burying your face in his neck as his own arms wrapped around your waist.

"Hey, baby girl," Luke murmured for only you to hear – not that anyone else would have heard it over the screaming crowd anyway – as he kissed the side of your head over and over, "I've missed you." You tried to speak but the only sounds that were coming out of your mouth were breathy sobs. You felt him squeeze your waist tightly and smile into your skin as he continued kissing it.

The song came to an end and the girls and dancers watched you and Luke with smiles for a moment.

"That was so much better than I thought it was going to be!" Jesy exclaimed, clapping her hands lightly.

"I can't believe she had no idea as well!" Jade added, "Perrie's quite the blabbermouth, isn't she?"

"I told you I could keep this secret!" Perrie stuck her tongue out at her best friends, making them laugh. The girls came over to you as Luke put you back down on your feet, pulling away to look at you. He kissed your lips gently before looking over at the band. They all smiled and gave each other hugs before looking at you.

"Oh, honey," Leigh-Anne smiled sadly, using her fingers to wipe your cheeks as best as she could, "Happy tears?" You couldn't help but laugh as you nodded, wrapping your arms around her for a hug. The other three girls instantly joined in and it wasn't long until Luke and the dancers came into the group hug as well. You were all laughing as you pulled away, you only to be pulled back into Luke.

"You're shaking so bad!" Perrie chuckled, rubbing your upper arm.

"Yeah!" Jade said, "How about you go sit with Luke backstage and you can just come back for the next song?" You nodded in agreement and Luke led you off of the stage, sitting with you on a random trunk so you could still watch the show.

"Thank you guys so much for helping out with that!" Jesy told the crowd, making them cheer.

"What did you guys think of Y/N's surprise? Looked properly shocked, didn't she?" Jade giggled, earning cheers again.

While the girls continued talking with the crowd about the next song, your head was on Luke's right shoulder. The arm closest to you was wrapped around your waist, his hand on your lower thigh so his thumb could rub your skin. He took your left hand and brought it up, kissing the back of it.

"You really are shaking pretty bad, baby girl," he said lowly so none of the stagehands heard him, "Are you sure you're okay? Do you need water or something?" He heard you chuckle under your breath before you lifted your arm to wipe your cheeks again. You then picked your head up so you could rest your chin on his shoulder instead.

"I missed you," you whispered, making him smile.

"I missed you too, princess," Luke assured you just before kissing you again.

~

this turned out to be a lot longer than i was originally thinking it was gonna be lmao