This Town (Jack Barakat) - Part 5

requested by youngblood199456 on tumblr

i wasn't planning on ever doing another part to this but someone wanted it and they've literally been reblogging like all of my imagines recently so i figured this was the least i could do to say thank you 💖💖

i've been watching a lot of those "surprise homecoming" video compilations lately so sTRAP ON IN YALL IT'S GONNA BE A HELL OF A RIDE

~

Eight months later

You looked around, smiling to yourself, as you walked into the kingdom you called home. It had only been a few months since you left to go find yourself – and maybe you were still doing that – but it felt so good to finally be home.

Don't get me wrong – you enjoyed travelling and being independent, but you enjoyed your home much more. Nothing would ever beat the place you grew up, and you came to realize that you'd always find your way back home.

You breathed in the fresh air as you stepped outside your house, just dropping your things off before you went to the castle. Your brothers were at work when you got back, so you expected them to freak out when they returned home and found your stuff there – though, you knew they knew where you'd be if they wanted to see you right away.

You made your way down the bridge that led to the castle, honestly a little nervous. Nothing had changed much in the months you were gone, but you couldn't help but wonder if Jack had moved on from you or wouldn't want to see you or whatever... But I guess you'd never know if you didn't try.

"Hi, Michael," you smiled as you approached the knight at the front gate talking with a guard, making him look up at the sound of your voice.

"Miss Y/N!" his eyes widened in surprise with a smile on his face, "You've returned! When did you arrive home? Prince Jack didn't say you were coming back!"

"He doesn't know," you informed the guard, "Which is why I need your help sneaking inside the castle so he doesn't see me."

"You want me to sneak you inside the castle?" he cocked an eyebrow, making you giggle softly.

"His parents already know I'm here; I called them yesterday before I started making the trip back."

"How did you manage to call his parents without him finding out?"

"Now, if I say that, word might get back to him and I won't be able to do it again," you smirked, "You in or not?"

"Sure," he shrugged with a chuckle, "He should still be at his fencing lessons, but I'll sneak you in through a side door just to be safe."

"You're the man, Michael," you smiled, making him laugh again.

~

"Your Majesties," Michael said after knocking on the throne room door, "You have a visitor."

"Can't it wait, Michael?" the Queen asked, "We're already waiting for someone."

"They're very adamant about speaking to you now, Your Highness."

"Very well," the King sighed, nodding his head, "Send them in." The knight motioned for you to enter the doorway, and you did so with a wide grin on your face.

"You know, I thought you guys would be a little happier to see me," you told them, making them perk up.

"Sweetheart!" the Queen smiled brightly, "It's so good to see you again!"