Stuck With You (Jamie Follese)

thought i'd finish this little blurb to post today since it's my baby boy's birthday!!!!!! i swear he just turned 21?????? and now he's 26??????? what the heck????????

~

"You do realize she's using you, right?" Jamie's best friend said after catching him staring across the hallway while you were at your locker.

"No, she's not, Aiden," he rolled his eyes, having heard this hundreds of times before. He turned his attention back to his locker, pulling out the books he needed for 5th period, while Aiden went on.

"There is only one reason girls that popular date guys like us," he shook his head.

"And what might that be?"

"To make a fool out of you!" he said as if it was the most obvious answer in the world, "She's going to publically humiliate you at a football game or something! And then you're gonna be heartbroken and I'm gonna have to restrain myself from saying I told you so!"

"Aiden, just because you're upset someone like Y/N doesn't want to be with someone like you doesn't mean she's out for blood," Jamie replied monotonously, "And, quite frankly, I'm tired of you treating Y/N like garbage just because you expect her to act a certain way simply because she's part of the popular crowd." He closed his locker door after grabbing his books, looking at his best friend one more time. "Don't bother waiting up for me after school," he stated, a deadpan look on his face, "My girlfriend and I have plans." He walked away before Aiden could respond, sighing to himself.

Jamie knew Aiden didn't like you – how could he not? He talked down about you all the time – but he also knew that you weren't what Aiden thought you were. Sure, you were popular, but that didn't really mean anything. To Jamie, you were just another girl – you just had a little more friends than he did.

And, to your credit, the bullying he used to go through went down drastically after you started dating him. Everyone in the school knew how mad you got when you found out about it and desperately wanted to stay on your good side because, while you were sweet, you were terrifying when it came to dealing with those who picked on your boyfriend.

"Where do you think you're going, nerd?" Jamie heard, yelping slightly when someone grabbed his arm and yanked him over to them. He came out of his daydream, finding you grinning at him.

"Thought people weren't allowed to call me that anymore," he smiled back, leaning up against the locker next to yours.

"They aren't," you shrugged, "But I made that rule, so I'm allowed to break it." Jamie chuckled softly.

"It's nice to see you too, princess," he said, leaning in to kiss your cheek.

"I'm sure it is," you pouted, "You were just gonna walk right by without saying hi or anything. Is that any way to treat your girlfriend?"

"Sorry, baby," he giggled, kissing your cheek over and over again, "I promise it won't happen again."

"Better not," you smiled, pushing him away so you could grab your notebook and close your locker, "Now walk me to class." You situated all of your books in your arm before reaching down and tangling your fingers with Jamie's.

"We have the same class, princess," he reminded you with another laugh.

"Yeah, which is why I don't understand why you were going to just walk by me," you sassed, feeling him squeeze your hand.

"Just distracted today," he shook his head, "M'sorry."

"Are you okay?" you looked up at him.

"I'm fine, princess," he said reassuringly.

"Jamie," you raised an eyebrow.

"I'm fine," he repeated, his voice firmer this time, "If it's still bothering me later, we can talk when we get to your place." You nodded, satisfied with the answer he'd given you.

~

After school

Once you and Jamie walked through your front door, you let out a big sigh of relief knowing it was finally the weekend. Jamie simply laughed under his breath as both of you slipped your shoes off and dropped your backpacks by the door, eagerly moving to the couch. You made it there first and laid down, only to have Jamie nudge you back against the pillows so he could lay beside you. When he got comfortable, he held his arm up as a signal for you to move into him, laying it back down across your shoulders once you did so. You sighed again happily, cuddling into your boyfriend.

It was quiet for a moment – neither of you made a reach for the TV remote, obviously just wanting to enjoy the silence after another busy week at school – before you could feel Jamie's chest fall as he breathed out deeply. You were about to ask him what was wrong, but he beat you to speaking.

"Aiden caught me staring at you again," Jamie informed you. You couldn't help but blush – no matter the fact that you two were in a relationship, you always felt butterflies when hearing he couldn't keep his eyes off of you at any point.

"He really doesn't like me, does he?" you forced out a soft laugh, "You'd think after two years, he'd finally warm up to me."

"But I like you," Jamie mumbled.

"I like you too, Jamie," you whispered, tilting your head to press a kiss to the highest point on his jaw that you could reach.

"Just wish it was enough for him..." he squeezed you lightly.

"If his opinion mattered that much to you, we probably wouldn't have started dating in the first place," you reminded him, making him look at you. "And, I hate to break it to you, but since we're clearly still together, that basically means you're stuck with me," you grinned, and he chuckled under his breath.

"Wouldn't wanna be stuck with anybody else, princess," Jamie murmured, putting his hand on your cheek and bringing your face to his, feeling you smile as you kissed him.

~

inspiration (calum's): http://bananashemmo.tumblr.com/post/93724385424/61-end-up-here-5-seconds-of-summer-high