Prompt Blurb #2: Calum Hood *

prompt: "This level of damage takes such hard work and dedication."

sorry i did two cal prompt blurbs in a row but i was already writing this for mikey when i remembered i had a request for something similar to this so i just decided to finish writing it for cal instead

Warning: Mentions of depression/anxiety

~

"Hey, baby girl!" your boyfriend smiled when he heard the front door to your shared apartment open. You didn't respond until you were in the same room as him, plopping yourself down on the couch opposite of where he was.

"Turns out this level of damage takes such hard work and dedication, so at least I've committed to something, I guess," you sighed, sinking down in your seat.

Calum immediately hit the start button on his Xbox controller and looked away from the TV screen. He was silent for a few seconds before letting out a nervous chuckle.

"Are you okay...?" he asked cautiously.

"Thought therapy was supposed to help me feel better – not worse," you grumbled, "All she's wanted me to talk about for the last three months has been how I've managed to fuck everything up or how I'm not following the goals she had me set for myself the first week I started seeing her. I wanna feel okay with myself again; I don't wanna keep reliving every moment I've been trying to forget."

Calum got up from his seat and came over to where you were to sit beside you. He wrapped his arm around your shoulders and pulled you into him. You settled your body against his, wrapping your own arms around his torso and laid your head on his shoulder, finally allowing yourself to relax.

"Well, you know, princess, she has to know why you're feeling the way you are before she can help you figure out how to help you," he reminded you, pressing a comforting kiss to your forehead.

"I don't need to tell her the same stories six times, Calum," you replied, a bit of a snippy tone in your voice.

He didn't fire anything back at you – he knew you were just frustrated and you didn't realize how you were coming off in that moment; all he did was squeeze you, letting you know you were okay and he was there for you.

"Remember the moment you decided it was time to get some help?" Calum asked, rubbing your shoulder lightly, "You told me it was because you never felt anything but that ache in your chest and like you were on the verge of breaking down all the time." You tilted your head to look at him, finding him already looking at you. "You've always been the kind of person to want to start seeing results right away, but results like this aren't going to come at all if you're so focused on forcing them to. I know you're used to feeling the way you had been before you started therapy, but I promise you have changed a lot. You're much more willing to try out new things that used to terrify you before, and you're so much happier than you used to be. Just because you're not seeing the results you want yet doesn't mean you're not getting better, princess-" He pecked your nose lovingly. "-and I think it's a shame you don't want to slow down and take a second to be proud of yourself for just how far you've come."

~

sorry for spamming yall i promise im done now lmao

prompt used from this list: https://hellyeahrpmemes.tumblr.com/post/167539853447/more-jenna-marbles-sentence-starters-sentences