Prompt Blurb #6: Calum Hood

prompt: "Well, what can I say? I'm a badass." 

~

You knew going into the hospital that things were going to be painful. You knew that it was going to hurt and that you were definitely going to cry. You knew from hearing others' experiences that it wasn't going to be a pleasant journey.

But 14 agonizing hours later, as you watched your twin babies sleep peacefully in yours and your husband's arms, it was all more than worth it.

The baby boy in your arms would coo quietly every now and then, earning himself a small smile from you, while your daughter was quiet as she rested on Calum's chest. The room was mostly silent though apart from the steady beeping of your heart monitor and the soft sounds of Calum typing on his phone.

"My parents are on their way up," he informed you. You couldn't help but grin.

"She's gonna flip," you said. 

Everyone obviously knew you and Calum were expecting – they didn't know you were expecting twins. The moment you found out at a regular ultrasound appointment that there were two babies growing inside you, you knew you weren't going to tell anyone and let it be a surprise when they visited you at the hospital.

Calum chuckled warmly, "Yes, she is."

Not even two minutes later, there was a knock on your hospital room door. Calum had already placed his baby girl in her bed, so he bounced over to greet his mom and dad.

"Hi, honey!" Joy beamed, hugging her son before looking at you. She already looked like she was on the verge of bursting into happy tears, so it was no surprise to you when she placed her hand over her heart and the other over her mouth. "Oh, it's a boy!" she said with the biggest smile on her face as you hadn't told anyone the gender of your baby either. She and David came up to your bed facing away from Calum, giving him the perfect opportunity to pick up the little girl while they were distracted.

"How are you feeling, sweetheart?" David asked you as the baby grabbed onto the finger he held out to him, "What's the little guy's name?"

"I'm feeling great for being in labor for 14 hours," you giggled, and then smiled up at him, "We decided to name him Ryan David."

"Really?" he asked, tearing up slightly. You simply nodded and he leaned down to kiss your forehead. You looked behind them and Calum gave you a nod, letting you know he'd situated the other baby.

"And his sister's name is Riley Morgan," you said, instantly making them freeze.

"What?" Joy's eyes widened, taking a step back. You grinned, nodding toward Calum and making them turn around.

"Surprise!" Calum beamed as the two gaped at their granddaughter.

"Are you kidding?" David asked.

"I promise I gave birth to both of these kids," you giggled.

"No, you didn't..." your mother-in-law shook her head slowly, "You're lying... Whose baby is that, really...?"

"I'm not lying!" you smiled as you wiped a tear from your own cheek, "These are our twins!"

"Oh my God," she sniffled, going over to her son to see Riley. She, of course, took her from his arms, breathing deeply to calm herself down. "You two are the worst!" she exclaimed softly as to not disturb the sleeping newborn, "How could you keep this a secret?!"

"Wasn't easy," Calum chuckled, "You have no idea how many times I almost accidentally told you whenever you called or came to visit."

"I really thought he was going to break," you admitted as David took Ryan from your own arms to hold, "You know the night you came over for dinner and Cal mentioned that I was eating for more than one?"

"He meant more than one baby?!" David asked, "I thought that was just about you!" 

"It slipped out!" Calum pouted, "She made me sleep on the couch that night."

"I did not," you laughed, rolling your eyes fondly when he winked at you.

~

After a little while of just hanging out, Calum's parents were getting ready to leave so they'd get home before dark. They handed the babies back to you and Calum, kissing the tops of their heads.

"Oh, before you guys go, can you take a family picture?" Calum asked, holding out his phone, "Everyone's been begging to see the twins since I tweeted that Y/N went into labor this morning."

"I think the exact tweet was 'OH MY GOD I'M ABOUT TO BE A DAD OH MY GOD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I'M GONNA THROW UP'," you snorted, earning an affectionate eye roll from your husband. 

His parents laughed along and Joy happily took her son's phone, taking a few candid photos as Calum gently placed Ryan in your right arm. You scooted over to make room for Calum to sit next to you, Riley nestled comfortably in his left arm. You took a couple photos – your favorite ending up being the one where you were looking down at the babies and Calum was kissing your temple – before saying goodbye to your in-laws. You then sighed softly, leaning back against the bed.

"You okay, princess?" Calum wondered.

"Yeah," you barely smiled, "Just a little tired."

"Go to sleep," he kissed your temple again, "You were in labor for over half a day; I think it's safe to say you deserve it."

"Well, what can I say? I'm a badass," you smirked, making Calum laugh.

"Yeah, you are," he leaned in to kiss your forehead before doing the same with the twins.

~

prompt used from this list: http://eternalmikaelson.tumblr.com/post/165989551390/prompt-list-of-sarcasm

inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo8i90ItVhM