Stroke of Luck (Calum Hood) - Part 3: Alternate Ending

requested by 1-800-LET-ME-SLEEP and bandshirthoarder, and calumhoodslays and anonymous on tumblr

i know i said this was gonna be an entirely separate thing, but i just decided to make it an alternate ending instead so i don't have to come up with another backstory lmao

so here it is, friends: the michael adventure we all wanted

~

Three months later; Saturday afternoon

"Michael Clifford!" you squealed loudly, "Don't you dare!"

You jumped up off of your bed and tried to run away from him, but Michael caught your waist before you were out of arms reach. One of his arms wrapped around you and pulled you back onto the mattress so you were resting against on his chest while the other hand landed on your stomach, tickling you relentlessly.

"Mikey!" you began laughing involuntarily.

"Yes, Y/N?" Michael smirked.

"S-St-Stop!"

"Stop what?" he continued on, smiling at the sound of your laughter, "I'm not sure I know what you're talking about."

"Michael!" you begged, "Please!"

"Fine," he chuckled, ceasing his hand's movement on your stomach but not releasing his grip on your waist, "But only because you're so cute."

"Whatever," you giggled, wiping the laughter-induced tears from your cheeks, "You're not so bad-looking yourself."

"You're right; I'm the hottest guy this world has ever seen."

"You're certainly something, Mikey," you snorted softly.

Michael watched you intently – which wasn't new, but it always had you wondering what was going on his head. You usually kept quiet during one of his trances, but something about this one – something about the way the wheels in his head were clearly turning – made you speak up.

"Mikey," you sang softly, reaching up and poked his cheek. He shook his head slightly, coming back to reality to find your eyebrows raised as you moved back to sit beside him and look at him properly. "You okay?" you asked.

"Mhmm," he hummed with a nod – though you obviously did believe him, "So... Are you going to that senior dance?"

"I dunno," you shrugged, "Been thinking about it."

"Well... Do you... If you want to... We could...go together..."

"We go to all the dances together," you reminded him, your confusion about his behavior only growing when he let out a sharp sigh.

"That's... That's not what I meant..." he cleared his throat, "I mean... Are you... Do you... Would you want to...be...my...date..?"

"I thought only people with boyfriends and girlfriends went to dances with dates," you couldn't help but snort again softly. Michael forced out a laugh.

"Yeah..." he whispered, "I guess they do... Well... I'll see you on Monday..." Michael got up to leave your house, but your voice stopped him.

"So I guess you better decide where you're taking me on our first date!" you called after him. You heard him stop abruptly before timid footsteps came back toward your bedroom door.

"W-What?" he asked so lowly that you almost didn't hear it. You could see his breathing hitch when you smiled at him.

"I said you better decide where you're taking me on our first date," you repeated, feeling just as confident the second time around.