Prompt Blurb #3: Ashton Irwin

prompt: "If I did anything right in my life, it was falling in love with you."

merry christmastime friends!!!!

~

You were always excited to go to Ashton's family Christmas party – mainly because it was much less chaotic and crowded than yours with your huge family. You would usually get to Anne's house early in the morning to spend time with her, Lauren, and Harry before the rest of the family arrived. The reasoning behind your excitement over the gathering had changed a little this year, however.

After-lunch tradition with Ashton's family had always been a game of charades, and this year was no different. You and Ashton were a team, Lauren and Harry paired up, Anne decided to go with her mother, and so on. You were particularly excited for the subject you'd picked for your last round of the game this year, having been planning it for the last four months.

"Alright, babe!" Ashton chirped, "Let's crush 'em!"

"We're in last, Ash," you giggled, standing up and turning to face everyone, "I don't think there's any hope for us."

"Well, not with that attitude," he pouted. Ashton obviously already knew what the subject was, but he assured you he was going to make his guesses interesting in the hopes that everyone else would figure it out before you actually told them.

"You ready, Ash?" you asked him, earning a bright smile and a cheerful nod. "Okay," you breathed out. You first held up two fingers, and Ashton quickly spoke up.

"Two words!" he chirped. You smiled, continuing on. You held up your index finger. "First word..." You pulled on your earlobe. "Sounds like..." You nodded again, beginning to mime as if you were in a box. "Okay, you're in a box," Ashton said. You motioned for him to elaborate. "It doesn't have to do with the box?" he questioned, making you shake your head and shrug lightly. "The box is irrelevant, everyone!" he announced, "Never mind!" The group laughed as you began a different motion. You started pulling on an invisible rope and pretending to walk down a flight of stairs and Ashton immediately gasped. "Mime!" he shouted, "You're a mime!" Your eyes widened and you nodded rapidly, pulling on your ear again. "Okay," he breathed, "Sounds like 'mime'... Time... Lime... Chime... Rhyme..." You pointed to yourself. "You're..." You scrunched your face up as you pulled your ear again, reminding him that it sounded like 'mime'. "Oh!" he perked up, "I'm!" You smiled brightly with another rapid nod.

"This is harder than I thought it was gonna be," you blew little raspberries.

"Hey, you're not supposed to be talking!" Ashton pouted teasingly.

"God, you're lucky you're cute," you breathed a heavy sigh of relief, making everyone laugh again as you went on. You held up two fingers again.

"Second word now," Ashton said, earning another nod. You then held your arm up and tapped it with the same two fingers. "Two syllables," he gathered. You brought your arms up as if you were rocking a baby, hearing Ashton snort softly. "You're a baby, we know," he said, laughing as you rolled your eyes, "Okay, so it's a baby." You nodded but motioned for him to elaborate again. "I don't know what more I can do with that," Ashton shook his head. You looked around the room and it seemed like everyone was catching on to what you were trying to say, so you decided to end the round yourself.

You held your finger up, signalling for Ashton to stop talking. You then grabbed the bottom hem of the flannel of his you were wearing since it was two sizes too big for you and concealed your stomach. You lifted the fabric up and stood sideways, allowing everyone to see your new baby bump.

And everyone immediately started shouting.

"Are you serious?!" Lauren squealed, jumping up from her seat.

"No, you're not!" Anne put her hands on the couch beside her thighs, "Ashton! No, she's not!"

"I didn't grow this stomach for the hell of it," you told everyone with a smile.

Ashton's sister let out another short scream, jumping up and throwing her arms around your neck, and everyone else followed suit. Anne was the last to get up and hug you, finally finding the strength in her legs to stand up. She was already in tears by the time her arms were around you, making you smile again.

"Ash," you said as you hugged her back, "You owe me 10 bucks."

"What?" Harry laughed, looking at his older brother when he groaned loudly, "Why do you owe her money?"

"She bet me Mum was going to cry and I said she wouldn't," Ashton answered.

"Come on, Ash!" Lauren laughed as well, "It's Mum! She cries at everything!"

"I do not," Anne chuckled, pulling away from you and wiping her face, "Just most things."

~

A few hours later, when the party was over and everyone had gone home, you were standing in front of the back door of the house, looking at the houses' Christmas lights on the next street over. You grinned softly when you felt your husband come up behind you and wrap his arms around your waist, pressing a kiss to where your upper jaw met your neck.

"I'd say that went well," you smiled, turning in Ashton's arms and wrapping yours around his torso. His own arms wound around your shoulders instead, bringing you into him.

"About how I expected it to," he chuckled, kissing your forehead.

"Can't believe you thought your mom wasn't going to cry," you giggled.

"Been wrong about a lot of things, you know," he shook his head, moving one of his hands to cover your baby bump, "But if I've done anything right in my life, I'm glad it was falling in love with you-" He pressed a kiss to your lips before kneeling down. "-and you," he murmured, the skin over your belly button muffling the words he whispered to your unborn baby.

~

i have a full-length christmas imagine i'm hoping to finish in time to actually post on christmas day but i can't make any promises 😅😅

prompt used from this list: https://cloecox.tumblr.com/post/158361786195/promt-list