Part of You (Ashton Irwin)

requested by bassbeatswift on tumblr 

i didnt proofread it that well but are we really surprised at this point???? we shouldnt be

~

"Hey, Y/N?" you heard your boyfriend call out as he entered the bedroom.

"Yeah?" you hollered back loud enough for him to hear over the running water from the sink.

"You have enough room in there for me to brush my teeth?" You heard Ashton start to open the door, mentally cursing yourself for not locking it.

"No, Ash! Don't come in here!" you squeaked, turning off the water and grabbing a towel to dry your now makeup-less face.

"What? Why not?" he let out a confused chuckle.

"Uh... I'm naked?"

"If you're trying to keep me from wanting into the room, you're not doing a very good job," you heard his smirk.

"Ashton!" you groaned with a roll of your eyes, but there was no doubt the comment made you flustered.

"Can I at least have my toothbrush and just go to the other bathroom?" he bargained. You immediately complied, grabbing the item in question and taking it to the door.

You opened it just enough to stick your arm through, holding it out to him. Ashton chuckled softly, though still confused as to what was up with you, and gave you a loving smile.

"Thanks, pretty girl," he said, only making it a step away when your bitter laugh made him freeze. "Alright," he stated firmly, putting his shoe-covered foot in the door before you could close it, "What was that about?"

"Nothing," you grumbled, trying to close the door again to no avail. You huffed lightly, "Ashton."

"Not until you tell me what's wrong," he demanded, his voice a little more gentle now. He put his hand on the door to push it open so he could see you better, but your eyes only widened.

"You can't come in here, Ashton!" you insisted.

"Why not?" he shook his head, almost desperate for answers at this point.

"Because... I'm not wearing makeup anymore..."

"So what?" he laughed confusedly again – was that all you were worried about?

"You know I don't-" You let out another sharp huff. "-Just not ready for bed yet..."

"And you're not gonna be ready for bed until this gets resolved," he told you, finally negotiating his way into the room. You stepped back from the door, your gaze firmly planted on your feet.

Ashton was never one to push you to talk about anything – he usually let you come to him when you were ready – but if there was one thing he wouldn't let go, it was when you were putting yourself down.

He put his toothbrush on the sink, turned back to you, and grabbed your hips. You let out a low gasp of surprise as he lifted you up onto the counter. He watched you stare at your hands on your lap for a moment before accepting that you weren't going to look at him.

"And what do I know about you not being ready for bed?" he asked you, "You've put your pajamas on, you've brushed your teeth, you've wiped off your makeup... What makes you think you're not ready for bed?" He would have continued, but the small movements in your jaw suggested that you were trying to speak, so he just waited.

"I... We don't..." you sighed, more to yourself than to Ashton, "I don't want you to see me without makeup."

"Why's that, huh?"

"'Cause I... I look bad!" you finally choked out, causing Ashton to go silent.

He'd been protective over you ever since you went public – well, he'd always been protective of you, but you obviously knew going public with someone as famous as Ashton meant he would be protective in new ways – and as much as he wanted to be able to stop it from happening, he knew that people were incredibly critical of you and what you wore and what you said and how you acted and the way you looked. But he knew that the self-image issues were around way before him too, and your newfound 'fame' wasn't exactly helping either.

You honestly expected Ashton to get upset with you – you also knew he didn't like it when you berated yourself, especially over your looks.

But he didn't.

"When you look at my face, what do you see?" he asked simply. You weren't quite sure where he was going, but you – finally – looked at him anyway and instantly felt a smile pull at the corner of your mouth.

"My favorite person; The love of my life," you said softly, the action of Ashton smiling brightly bringing you to the next loved thing about him, "Your dimples and how your face scrunches up when I compliment them. Your eyes and how I could stare at them forever if you'd let me. Your nose and how much I wish you'd just get it pierced already." That comment made him laugh. "Your hair-" You pushed it out of the way of his eye. "-and how it's not fair you look cute no matter what you do to it. Your lips, for obvious reasons." Ashton chuckled again, pressing a soft kiss to your own lips and letting it linger for a moment before pulling away.

"So you don't see the acne or the scars from it or the wrinkles or the bumps you know I wish weren't there?"

"Well, yeah, but I love those too," you whispered.

"Yeah? And why's that?"

"'Cause they're part of you," you swallowed, now beginning to see his point, "And I love you."

"And I love you, baby girl," he leaned in and kissed your bare forehead, "I love your scars and spots and lines and the bags under your eyes because you're too stubborn to go to sleep no matter how exhausted you are-" You let out an involuntary giggle when he poked your stomach gently. "-I love you when you're all done up and feeling confident and I love you when you're quick to turn out the lights after you've washed the makeup off your face before bed and when you wake up before me so I don't see you before you put it all back on. 'Cause nothing makes me happier than when you feel good about yourself, but it'd still make me feel even better seeing you finally comfortable with all of yourself too."

And maybe it would take a while to love your natural look, but with Ashton there to help you...

Well, maybe it wouldn't be as hard as you thought.

~

i wish i knew how to write still