Even If It's Just Pretend (Luke Hemmings) - Part 2

requested by a-little-dork​ on tumblr

this is not gonna be as good as the first part ok i can promise u that right now

~

"Luke, Y/N! Over here!"

The rapidly flashing lights of the cameras in front of you were almost as blinding as the sun on the red carpet that evening. You were obviously no stranger to the paparazzi since making it big in Hollywood – though, you weren't sure you'd ever truly get used to not having an ounce of privacy anymore.

You hadn't really wanted to go to the premiere if you were honest, but you knew everyone expected you to be there – being the starring actor's girlfriend could be a real pain sometimes. But it wasn't that you didn't like the movie – you loved every movie Luke was in no matter how small his role.

You just didn't love his co-star.

Before you and Luke got together, he had brought a girl to the premiere of your own movie – Holly, if you remembered her name correctly – and you weren't looking forward to seeing them together again. You knew she knew the two of you were together now – how could she not with paps constantly asking about 'how she felt now that her past fling was moving on'? – and you trusted Luke with your entire life.

But goddamn, that woman just would not give you a moment of peace.

So you knew that every snide remark she made about your relationship – every comment about how incredible Luke was and every expression of disgust at the mere mention of your name – was one out of jealousy simply for getting the man she wanted.

But Luke...

Luke was the exact opposite.

Even before the relationship went public, Luke would be so happy when the topic of you came up in an interview. He jumped at every chance to talk about you – to remind everyone how talented you were at your job, how articulate and poised you were in your own interviews, how beautiful and funny you were onscreen and off, how hearing you laugh and seeing you smile was the best part of being around you...

It was obvious Luke was head over heels for you.

And that made Holly more upset than anything.

She would purposely kiss his cheek as close to his mouth as she could without actually touching it, she let her hands wander a little too far down his back – and the paparazzi was eating up every second of it.

But when Luke came back to you – when he was finally done with the promotional red carpet business with his co-star – the camera flashes seemed to double the moment he kissed you directly on the lips. He felt you smile just before he pulled away enough to whisper so no one would hear him but you.

"Really hate when she kisses me," he mumbled.

You snorted softly as he fully pulled away, but didn't say anything. All you did was take his hand and step into his side, squeezing him tightly to let him know it was okay.

A few minutes down the red carpet, you were leaving the final stop for photos when your shoe strap coming undone stopped you. You stumbled slightly, letting out a soft squeak as you did so. You planned on continuing on as normal – you'd just fix it when you got to your seat – but your boyfriend had other ideas.

"What happened?" he stopped walking so he could turn to look at you, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Lu," you assured him, "I think my shoe strap came apart. I'll fix it when we get inside."