Stroke of Luck (Calum Hood) - Part 3

requested by anonymous, calumhoodslays, youngblood199456, i-opened-the-chamber-of-secrets, and art-ri-music on tumblr

~

Two weeks later

It had been two weeks since then and you'd spent a lot of that time in your own head. Calum hadn't come around much since you ran to Michael and, much like Victoria, didn't talk to you unless he absolutely had to.

And as much as you hated him for what he put you through, you found yourself missing him more than you initially thought you would. Calum had been one of your best friends since freshman year, and you knew all of that wasn't going to just disappear when you stopped talking to him.

But you also had to remind yourself that Calum had no idea you had feelings for him before Michael told him why you were so hurt by him and Victoria being together. And it was that fact, combined with missing him, that made you want to finally talk to him again.

It was a late Saturday afternoon when you decided to face Calum again. You saw his sister drop him off at the house across the street, and had been trying to convince yourself to go over there for the last few hours. And somewhere in the midst of it all, you finally forced your feet to take you there.

You knocked on the front door of Michael's house, bouncing slightly as you waited for someone to answer. Your heart felt like it was in your throat when you heard footsteps approaching the door.

"Hi, Y/N," Michael tilted his head, "What are you doing here? I thought I told you I was busy." He had told you he couldn't hang out that day, so he didn't expect to see you until tomorrow.

"I-I know..." you forced yourself to speak, "I just... I..." You sighed softly, deciding to just get straight to the point. "Where's Cal?" you murmured.

"Who?" Michael hummed.

"Michael," you rolled your eyes, "I know he's here."

"How?" he frowned.

"I saw Mali drop him off earlier..." you whispered, "And I know his cologne..." You looked down at your feet when your voice cracked – you didn't know why you were getting so emotional about his stupid smell. Michael looked at you for a moment before he moved out of the way to let you inside.

"He's in my room," he informed you, "You can talk in there."

"Thanks, Mikey," you mumbled, smiling when he kissed the side of your head before you made your way to his bedroom.

Your heart was pounding in your chest as you got closer to the room and heard Calum rustling around on the other side of the wall. The door was open, so he must have heard someone approaching because he started speaking.

"Hey, Mike," Calum said, "Where's your clamp? I can't fi-" He cut himself short when he looked up, finding it wasn't Michael but you instead. "Y/N..." he swallowed thickly.

"Hi, Cal..." you whispered, your gaze averting to the guitar in his hand so you didn't have to look him in the eyes.

"Back to 'Cal' again? Not 'Calum'?" he murmured, "Are we gonna talk now?" You barely nodded, but he could still tell what you were doing. "Y/N," Calum said to get you to look up, only continuing his statement when your eyes met his, "Come sit." He put his guitar on the floor propped up against Michael's desk, sitting beside you on the bed after you did. He looked at you and it was clear that he was waiting for you to speak first.

"I don't really know what to say," you admitted, looking down at your fingers as you played with them in your lap, "Didn't think I'd be brave enough to make it this far..."