Slip of the Tongue (Trevor Collins)

sorry it's so long lmao

i only wrote this to make a daddy joke tbh and it escalated very quickly

~

Trevor's POV

"Hey, Trevor!"

Trevor turned look over his shoulder to find one of the newer Rooster Teeth employees – Derek, who started working there about two months ago – jogging up to him. He stopped walking, allowing him to catch up, curious as to what he had to say.

"What's up?" he asked.

"Nothing much – I just have a question," Derek said. Trevor simply motioned for him to continue. "You and Y/N work in the same office, right?"

"She sits at the desk beside mine, yeah," he nodded.

"Does she ever...mention me...or anything?" he wondered. Trevor cocked an eyebrow – of all the things Derek could have wanted to ask him about, why did it have to be you?

"What do you mean?"

"I mean... I try to talk to her, but she doesn't really seem...into it, I guess you could say," he told him.

"It takes a while for her to warm up to people," Trevor mentioned, "She's not really the extroverted type until she's known you for a few months."

"Ah, okay – good to know she doesn't just hate me," Derek nodded, "So does that mean she's not seeing anyone?"

"Huh?"

"Y/N," he said, "Is she single?"

"She doesn't really talk about her dating life with me," Trevor lied.

"How long have you known her then?" Derek wondered, "Not long?"

"What does that matter?"

"Well, you say she doesn't warm up to people right away," he shrugged, "I would assume that means you haven't known her long since she doesn't talk to you."

"She just doesn't talk about her dating life in general," he replied, his jaw tightening slightly, "Has nothing to do with how long we've known each other."

"Well, if you've known her for a while, maybe try putting in a good word for me?" he suggested, "I'd love to take her out if she's not seeing anyone."

"Sure," Trevor grumbled – though he knew damn well he wasn't going to talk to you about someone who clearly wanted to date you.

"Trev," the two men suddenly heard a timid voice down the hall. Trevor's head snapped over at the sound of his nickname – only one person called him that – and he found you standing in the doorway of the Achievement Hunter office.

You were normally very shy and reserved when it came to being by yourself or around people you didn't know well, but when it came to Trevor, you could become quite rowdy and loud. And while he wished you would come out of your shell more, it caused butterflies in his stomach knowing you were that comfortable around him.

"Hey, Y/N," he said, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," you said softly, your gaze flicking between him and Derek as you spoke, "You're not busy, are you?"

"No," he assured you, "Do you need something?"

"Will you be in the Play Pals video with me?"

"Yeah!" he chirped, "I'll be right there!" You smiled slightly, making his heart skip, as you disappeared back into the office. "Duty calls," Trevor told Derek, "See you later."