Holiday Cheer (Calum Hood) - Part 5

this part is really long im sorry

~

Two days later; Christmas Day

"Merry Christmas!" your mom shouted happily, her arms thrown into the air as she strode into the living room. Calum and Charles chuckled softly while you and your brother rolled your eyes.

"Merry Christmas, Mom," Dylan laughed. She walked over to him, leaning down and hugging him tightly.

"I just love Christmas!"

"We know, Mom," you shook your head, a small smile on your face when she moved to hug you as well.

The group exchanged Christmas gifts – you, Dylan, and your mom giving each other the gifts you'd gotten, and she and Charles had even gotten each other something as well. While they were in the midst of their gift exchange, Calum had gotten up to refill his coffee mug. And you figured it was the perfect opportunity to give him the gift you'd gotten him.

"Hey, Cal," you said softly, making him look over his shoulder, "I, um... I got you something..."

"You did?" he furrowed his eyebrows. You pulled the wrapped gift out from behind your back, holding it out to him.

He stared at you before slowly taking it to unwrap. You noticed his eyes widen slightly when he saw what you'd gotten him – it was a simple leather-bound notebook that you'd happened to see while walking by a store one day, and you knew you had to get it for him. Calum was always carrying around a small notebook, and while you didn't know what he ever wrote in it, you figured he was close to or either already had filled it by now.

"Wow, I..." Calum trailed off, "I feel bad I didn't get you anything..."

"It's okay, Cal," you shook your head, "I didn't get you something to be given anything in return; I got you something because it made me think of you and I thought you'd like it."

"I do," he admitted, running his thumb along the edges of the cover, "It's a beautiful gift. Thank you."

He surprised you by leaning in and pressing his lips to your cheek, pulling away just as quickly. He had a shy smile on his face – like he was even surprised with himself that he'd kissed you – but he wasn't going to pretend he didn't notice your blush.

"You're welcome..." you managed to force yourself to whisper. Calum watched you while you stared down at your feet before finally looking back up. "Well, I... I should..." you trailed off, quickly turning on your heels and shuffling back to the living room. He smiled again to himself, admiring the new notebook in his hands.

~

Later that evening

"Mom?" you called out, a nervous tone in your voice, "You're sure this isn't too much?"

The sound of your heels on the hardwood made the group fall silent. You emerged from the hallway where everyone was standing around the front door, waiting to head out to the town's annual Christmas party.

You were wearing a dark red gown with a slit on the right side that went up to your mid-thigh. The front had a deep V that met in the middle of your chest, and the back was almost completely open aside from the straps that crisscrossed each other to help keep everything in place. You paired it with black velvet heels and wore your hair down in loose curls. You wouldn't be the last to admit that you looked good – you were just worried it was a bit over-the-top for the small town gathering.

"Of course not, honey!" your mom beamed, "You look incredible!"

"If I didn't already have such a beautiful date, I'd have taken you myself," Charles said, glancing at your mom with a smile. The blush on her cheeks made you grin as well.