Anywhere With You (Harry Styles) - Part 2

requested by youngbouquettragedy & pxrrishly on tumblr

~

Six months later

You always knew the risks in running away with Harry. 

You knew that someone from the castle could pop up at any time, forcibly take Harry back, and maybe even arrest you for whatever charge they wanted in leaving with him. You knew that people around the kingdom would see him and know who he was, and that was why you got as far away as you possibly could.

The only thing Harry had known his whole life was his kingdom, and you weren't at all surprised to wake up in the middle of the night some nights to find him sitting by the window of the dingy motel you'd been staying at, looking out into that kingdom. You didn't doubt that he missed his home – you found yourself missing it on occasion – but he constantly assured you that he was happy where he was now with you, and you believed him.

So when someone from the castle showed up at your motel room door, your heart sank.

You were standing behind Harry when he answered the knock ­– he insisted he be the one to answer it because no one ever knocked on your door and he didn't want anything happening to you. Both of you lost your breath upon seeing the Captain of the Guard standing there, him breathing his own sigh of relief.

"Your Highness," the Captain said, "The entire kingdom has been looking everywhere for you."

"Martin..." Harry trailed off in shock, "How... How did you find me?" He stepped outside with the intent of you staying behind, but you didn't – the moment he was crossing the threshold, so were you. You closed the door behind you, still standing behind Harry, but you and Martin could still see each other as well.

"Princess Eloise has men scouring the kingdom and those surrounding it looking for you," Martin explained, "One of them returned to the castle late last night and said that he thought he found you. The Queen sent me to follow up on it. I've been ordered to bring you back," he informed him. You let out the softest sob that you immediately cut off, but it was too late: Harry already heard it.

"Y/N, don't-" Harry started before he stopped himself as you stepped away, back toward the door. He quickly grabbed your hand, however, keeping you from actually going inside. "Can I at least say goodbye to her?" Harry asked the Captain.

Martin opened his mouth, but didn't even get a word out as Harry was already pulling you into him for a tight hug. The Captain sighed, stepping away and going back to the car while you and Harry had what was quite possibly going to be your last moment together.

It was silent between you two for a few seconds as Harry just looked at you. He was trying to come up with something – anything – to say to you that would make the heartbreaking look on your face disappear, but he knew nothing would be enough. You breathed in shakily, a small, forced smile on your face.

"Always knew they'd find you," you said softly.

Harry exhaled sharply, bringing his hands up to your cheeks. Your own hands came up and gripped his wrists tightly, knowing that this may very well be the last time you'd ever get to touch him.

"I'm sorry," he shook his head, swallowing thickly, "I should have planned on them finding me... I should have prepared better..."

"S'not your fault," you reminded him. You were interrupted by Martin coming back over.

"Your Highness-" he started before he was cut off.

"I'm not done yet, Martin," Harry said sternly, and something about his tone made your eyes start to water.