A Love Like This (Maxx Danziger) - Part 3

requested by ifyousayyouloveme and anonymous on tumblr

sorry this is so shitty lmao

~

Two months later

"Maggie wants to meet you before she leaves," Maxx told you randomly while you were sitting with him on your couch. He could hear your breathing hitch as you stared blankly at the TV in front of you.

"Won't... Won't that be...you know...weird...?" you murmured, "Ex-girlfriend meeting the reason you broke up..."

"Only if you let it be weird," he shrugged, making you look up at him. He smiled gently at you, reaching for your hand and holding it in his lap. "I promise she doesn't hate you," he assured you, "She was the one who suggested all this. She just wanted to meet you before she goes back to Florida."

"She's not even staying in the state anymore?" you whined. Maxx simply chuckled softly, squeezing your hand.

"Hey, if you want to ask her about all that, that's fine," he said, "But she just really wants the chance to talk to you before she moves out. And I'd love for you to meet my friends since you're gonna be seeing a lot of them."

"Then don't say it like it's a bad thing," you grumbled, making Maxx laugh loudly. He brought your hand up, kissing the back of it.

"So will you meet her?" he asked hopefully.

"I guess..." you chewed on your inner cheek, "If she wants to meet me, then I should go so she doesn't hate me more..." Maxx let go of your hand, wrapping his arm around your shoulders and pulling you into him.

"She doesn't hate you," he repeated.

"Maybe she's just trying to convince you so that when I get there, she can just tear me apart!" you insisted.

"I think you're the only one tearing yourself apart over this," he shook his head, pressing another kiss to your temple.

~

The next day, you were physically shaking as Maxx led you to the front door of the house he shared with his bandmates. The entire idea of being in the same house as the girl Maxx was in love with – the same house she was now being forced to move out of – honestly made you want to throw up. You were the reason this was happening; You were the reason they were no longer together. And all you wanted to do was be at home and crawl under your covers and cry, angry at yourself for ruining a relationship.

Maxx could hear you taking deep breaths as he reached the front step, causing him to look over his shoulder at you before turning to fully face you. You closed your eyes, continuing to breathe, as he put his hands on your cheeks and held you firmly.

"You're gonna be fine, Y/N," Maxx assured you, "She's not mad at you at all."

"You can keep telling me that, but it's not gonna make me feel any better," you shook your head.

"Can you just promise me that if you're gonna puke, you'll try to make it to a trashcan first?" he asked. You couldn't help but laugh softly, finally opening your eyes to find him smiling at you.

"Yeah," you whispered with a slight nod.

Maxx swiped his thumbs across your cheeks, getting rid of the tears. He then pulled you forward, pressing a kiss to your forehead, and released your face, only to take your hand. He held onto it tightly as he turned back to the door and took you inside.

The moment the door opened, you heard voices coming from somewhere in the house. When Maxx closed the door, the voices stopped and you heard someone call out.