Holiday Cheer (Calum Hood) - Part 1

i'm posting this now so maybe it will motivate me to finish the rest of it lmao

~

"Honey, I'm home!" you called out as you opened the front door, lugging your bag with you.

"Sweetheart!" your mom barreled out of the kitchen, nearly tackling you to the ground with a hug.

"I've missed you too, Mom," you laughed as you caught your footing. You pulled your suitcase through the door and closed it, shivering slightly. "Don't know why I chose to get here in the morning," you mentioned as your mom finally released you.

"Well, it's not supposed to get much warmer today," she chuckled, "Might as well rip the bandaid off."

"Right," you smiled, rolling your eyes and shaking your head fondly, "So is Dyl up yet?"

"Present and accounted for," your younger brother trotted down the stairs, "Been awake for 10 minutes." You looked at the clock and sucked in a breath.

"Ooh, on Christmas break and everything," you said, "Who are you and what have you done with my real brother?"

"I kidnapped him in the night and locked him in a dark, desolate dungeon where you'll never find him!" he announced dramatically. You both finally broke character and laughed loudly.

"Good to see you, kid," you wrapped your arms around him while he hugged you back.

"Glad you finally made time for come home for the holidays," Dylan replied, "Feels like you never stop by anymore."

"If I could make the drive from NYC, I'd be here every weekend," you assured him.

"I suppose that will have to suffice then," he shook his head, both of you laughing again along with your mom.

"It's so good to have both of my kids in the same house for Christmas again!" she sighed giddily, "It feels like forever since we all got to enjoy the town's festivities as a whole family!"

"Well, I'm excited to be back!" you beamed, "I can't wait for the snowman-building competition! Dyl and I are gonna crush it this year! Right, kid?"

"Um..." Dylan furrowed his eyebrows, "I kind of...already...promised someone else I'd be their partner..."

"What?" you frowned, "But we always do it together when I'm here!"

"I know... But Avery's cousin will be out of town for Christmas this year and she asked me to be her partner..."

"Is this the same Avery I seem to recall hearing you invited to Thanksgiving last month?" you cocked an eyebrow, a knowing smirk on your face.

"Mom!" he whined – signalling to you that he apparently didn't want you to know.

"I didn't know it was a secret!" your mom threw her hands up in defense.

You talked with your family for a little while before a knock at the door interrupted you. Your mom hummed at the sound, making you look at her, finding she seemed surprised.

"I wasn't expecting anyone else today," she mentioned.

"I'll get it!" you insisted, "Maybe it's Holly! I told her what time I'd be getting here!"

"Oh, I'll make some more hot chocolate then!" your mom smiled, "I have to ask her how finding a publisher is coming along!"

"She finally finish her book?" you asked.