Trust (Luke Hemmings)

every title possibility i came up with made me want to die but this one made me want to die slightly less sooo

~

Chrissy's POV

"Chris!"

The blonde-haired teenager looked over, instantly smiling when she saw her friends.

"How is our beautiful best friend Chrissy Hemmings doing on this fine Friday afternoon?" Tucker sighed dramatically, coming to a stop with the other two in the group beside her locker.

"What do you guys want?" she rolled her eyes with a laugh as she grabbed her backpack from the hook and closed her locker door.

"Will you come to Marcie's party with us tonight?" Shannon asked.

"I don't know, Shan... I'd have to ask my dad when I get home..."

"So it's a no," her friends laughed simultaneously.

Chrissy could feel her cheeks get red with embarrassment. She chewed on her bottom lip for a moment before opening her mouth to speak again.

"I'll be there," she stated confidently.

"We all know your dad's gonna say no, Chrissy," Tucker shook his head, "He always does."

"I'll be there," she repeated. The three friends looked at the blonde for a moment before shrugging.

"Okay, Chris," Aubrey said, "We're all gonna meet at my house at 6 and then go to the party." Chrissy nodded, telling her friends she'd see them then before turning around and sprinting toward the back door of the school before she missed her bus.

~

Chrissy could feel her heart pounding in her throat as she walked in the front door of her house. She could hear her father talking on the phone – with his girlfriend, most likely – and she really didn't want to interrupt, but she knew that if she didn't ask now, she probably wouldn't at all.

She entered the kitchen to find her dad with his phone in one hand pressed to his ear, and a coffee cup in the other, periodically sipping as he looked out the window over the sink. He could hear footsteps, so he looked over, smiling at his daughter.

"Hey, I'm gonna call you back, okay?" Luke said, "Chris just got home."

"Hi, Chrissy!" the teenager could hear coming from the other end, making her laugh softly.

"Hi, Y/N!" she called back, loud enough for you to hear her.

"I'll talk to you later, Y/N," Luke laughed at the two of you, "Love you." She couldn't hear what you'd said, but it was clear you told him you loved him too – Luke always blushed when you told him you loved him no matter how many times you'd said it. "Hey, princess!" Luke beamed at his daughter, walking over to where she was and kissing her forehead, "How was school?"

"It was school," she shrugged, "Didn't really do anything because it's Friday or whatever."

"Hmm," he hummed with a nod, taking another sip of coffee, "Wish it was like that when I was in school."

"Dad," Chrissy groaned, "Not again."

"Sorry," he laughed, "But then again, I didn't have you when I was in school either, so I guess you win some and lose some." She rolled her eyes, only causing him to chuckle again.

"Uh... Speaking of school..." Chrissy cleared her throat lightly, "Aubrey, Shan, and Tucker are going to a friend's party tonight..." She looked at her dad's facial expression to gauge his reaction, but she wasn't getting anything different. "And they asked if I would go with them..." she went on. Luke took in a deep breath, moving away from her and back into the kitchen.