Airplanes (Ashton Irwin)

uhhhhh i started writing this before the youngblood era and i didn't wanna change anything around so that's why it's just sgfg/slfl soz

also sorry it's ashton again so soon after the others lmao

~

"Next person!" Ellen said, and you stepped down onto the main floor. 

You were one of the few who was allowed to come in before the actual taping of Ellen's show to meet the band – and the fact that you only got to do so for 5 seconds didn't mean a thing, because you were just happy to get to meet them at all.

"Alright, guys!" you called out loudly enough for them to hear from the doors they were behind, "I've only got 5 seconds, so we're gonna have a really nice group hug, okay?!" You heard them giggle to each other. 

"Okay!" Michael replied. 

The second the doors opened, your arms went around the two boys closest to you – Ashton and Calum – and you all squeezed each other, desperately trying to hold in your laughter at how silly you must have looked. 

"Time's up!" Ellen laughed, hurrying to usher you away before the doors closed on you. 

"Thank you!" you hollered over your shoulder as you were led off stage. 

"You're welcome!" they called back in unison. 

~

30 minutes later

You were sitting outside on the curb in front of a side door of the studio, needing a breather away from everyone before taping started. It was no secret that crowds overwhelmed you, but – even though there were a bunch of people around – you didn't think anyone even noticed you slip outside.

"Hey," you heard a voice behind you, making you look up. "You're the group hug girl?" Ashton said with a questioning tone. You nodded, a bit taken aback that he came out to talk to you, let alone remembered who you were. "Do you think it would be breaking the 5-second rule if I sat down?"

"Well, no one said anything about once we were offstage, so I think it's okay," you smiled shyly. He chuckled quietly, stepping down off the curb to sit next to you. 

"What are you doing out here?" he asked curiously. 

"Just needed to get some air, I guess," you replied softly, "What are you doing out here?"

"Saw you come out," he began playing with the ring on his pinky, "Wanted to make sure you were alright."

"Thanks, Ashton."

"You're welcome..." he trailed off. 

"Y/N," you told him.

"Y/N," he smiled slightly as if he were seeing how it sounded when he said it – and he decided he enjoyed it. "That's a pretty name; It suits you." You blushed a bright red, quickly looking down at your lap. "So," he cleared his throat, "You excited for the show?"

"I've only ever dreamed about being able to come to a taping of Ellen," you laughed under your breath, "And the fact that one of my favorite bands is the guest today? Of course I'm excited." Ashton giggled quietly, making you smile at finally being able to hear it in person – and it was that much better knowing you caused it. 

"You know, we're gonna be performing too," he reminded you, "What are you hoping we play?"

"Hoping for or being realistic?" you grinned, looking at him.

"Both."

"Don't Stop," you teased. Ashton rolled his eyes, obviously trying not to smile. You laughed and went on, "Hoping for Airplanes, but being realistic, I know it's probably going to be either Jet Black Heart or Hey Everybody."