Sing to Me (Trevor Collins)

listen i love this song a lot and i needed to write this right now immediately

~

"Y/N Y/L/N," someone came up to you, "You're up." Your eyes widened at the sight of the America's Got Talent crew member, your legs seemingly refusing to carry you anywhere.

You heard a small chuckle beside you and then felt them take your hand. You looked over to find your best friend grinning at you.

"You're gonna be fine," Trevor assured you, "And if you don't make it through – even though I know you will – there's nothing to worry about. I'll still be proud of you no matter what." You let out the breath you were holding as your body finally relaxed, squeezing Trevor's hand as you followed the crew member to the stage.

You talked with Tyra for a few seconds before she handed you a microphone given to her by a different crew member and sent you out onstage. You took another deep breath, letting it out slowly. Your legs managed to work that time, allowing you to walk to your spot where you'd introduce yourself to the judges.

"Hello," Simon greeted you when the cheers behind him died down, "What's your name? Where are you from?"

"My name's Y/N Y/L/N and I'm from (your city, state)," you answered, surprised your voice was even still working. You laughed lightly when a few people in the audience cheered again.

"And who have you brought with you today, Y/N?" Heidi asked, "Anyone here to watch your audition?"

"My best friend Trevor," you smiled, looking over at him. He stuck his tongue out at you, succeeding in making you laugh, as you turned back to the judges.

"What are you planning on doing for us today?" Mel questioned.

"I'll be singing," you informed everyone.

"And what will you be singing?"

"Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley," you said confidently.

"Ooh," Heidi grinned, "Are you singing it for someone...special?" You noticed her gaze flick between you and the man standing side-stage with Tyra.

"No," you laughed lightly, "It's just one of my favorite songs."

"Well, go for it!" Howie ushered you to begin your performance. You smiled again, moving back to the microphone stand.

You put the mic in its holder, taking a deep breath as a hush fell over the room. Your fingers wrapped around the pole of the stand, gripping it tightly. You looked over at Trevor one more time. He gave you a nod and a small smile – like he was assuring you that you'd be okay – so you took a deep breath and went for it.

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay? Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

~

Two hours later

"I feel like I'm gonna throw up!" you threw yourself onto your hotel room bed.

"Just make sure you reach a trashcan or a toilet or something first," Trevor mentioned, "I am not cleaning that mess up – even if you did get four yeses."

"Whatever," you rolled your eyes fondly, shoving his thigh with the back of your hand when he sat down beside your hip.

"You wanna order room service?" he asked, scooting back on the bed so he was leaning up against the headboard, "Or we could go out and eat."