Reputation (Luke Hemmings) - Part 2 *

i am warning u now this is pointless as shit lmao 

Warnings: Mentions of murder/death

~

Week Three

Luke's POV

Luke found himself sitting alone at a table in the library – not that he wasn't used to it by now – as he tapped his pen on the tabletop. He was working on an essay for his Psychology class and... Well, he was trying to anyway.

He couldn't seem to focus on anything more than his future these days. He had a spotless criminal record up until this point – not even something as small as stealing a candy bar when he was a kid – but now... Now, he was worried that if he was – wrongly – convicted of something like murder...? What would that do to his future and all the plans he had and everything he still wanted to do in his lifetime?

"Luke?"

The blonde jumped lightly at the voice beside him, looking up to find your classmates standing there. They were looking at him the way they always did now – that same condescending expression that made his blood boil.

"What?" Luke grumbled, just wanting the conversation to be over with as soon as possible.

"Well..." Spencer trailed off, "We're from the criminal justice class working on your case, and the police department wants us to as you a few questions."

"What could they want you to ask me that they have already asked themselves?"

"They said we need to get used to talking to people...around a case..." Reagan said.

"Suspects," Luke stated, no hint of a question in his tone – he knew that's what they were there for. He took a look at the group again, taking note of one key member that was missing. "Where's Y/N?" he asked.

"Who cares?" Maya rolled her eyes, "She's biased anyway."

"So are you guys."

"How are we biased?" Spencer scoffed.

"You've all already decided I'm guilty," the blonde said matter-of-factly.

"So what?" Lydia said, "Y/N's already decided you're innocent."

"Y/N's not one to let her feelings sway her decisions," Luke reminded them, "If the facts were to change and it ended up being that I really did commit a crime, Y/N wouldn't maintain the idea that I was still innocent – she would accept that she was wrong."

"So you're saying she is wrong?" Reagan cocked an eyebrow.

"I'm saying that if you want a story or whatever you're trying to get out of me, I want to talk to the only person who cares about the facts," he deadpanned, "I want to talk to Y/N."

~

Your POV; Three hours later

"Hi! Come in!" you chirped after opening your dorm room door, ushering Luke inside, "You can sit on the bed if you want. Sorry I don't have much room in here."

The blonde hummed with a soft chuckle, taking a seat on your bed and scooting back against the wall behind him so his legs dangled off of the side. He watched you grab the notebook you were using for your notes on the case and come over to your bed.

"So," you said as you hopped up to sit next to him, "I must really be something else if you're demanding I be the one to talk to you."