In An Instant (Ashton Irwin) - Part 5

requested by rimirox25 and anonymous on tumblr

it's not as good as the first four parts but it's still alright i guess. it's just not my favorite.

but people seem to really like this series, so i thought i'd finish this to post today

possible trigger warning: kidnapping

~

"Our best option at this point is to contact him through Commander Adams' email, set up a meeting point, and nab Jakoby when he gets there," Michael stated, "Then we bring him back here and interrogate him until he tells us where the girl is."

The team was standing in the middle of their desks, trying to come up with a strategy to save the kidnapped 14-year-old daughter of a Navy Commander who was being blackmailed for supposed embezzlement. The Commander was completely innocent, but it seemed like someone had a personal vendetta against him and had kidnapped his daughter, now holding her for ransom. The men knew they had to think of a way to get Alina back without putting Commander Adams at risk...

They just didn't know how yet.

"He's outsmarted us and managed to stay one step ahead ever since we found his license plate and figured out who he is," Calum pointed out, "What makes you think this time will be any different?"

"He can't get away from four of us," he insisted.

"Who's to say that he won't notice you guys just standing in the same area and looking around for him?" you asked, walking back into the room after your bathroom break, "No offense, but you guys don't exactly blend in towering over a crowd."

"We don't tower," Michael rolled his eyes again. You simply shrugged, perching yourself on the side edge of Luke's desk.

"Well, what other options do we have?" Ashton asked, "We can't raise suspicions or we'll never get Alina back and who knows what Jakoby will do to her?"

"She's just leverage," Calum reminded him, "If he does anything to her, he knows he won't get what he wants. He needs her to get the Commander's money."

"Then let's just give it to him," Luke spoke up.

"Quick question, Hemmings," Michael cocked an eyebrow, "Are you actually insane?"

"No," Luke rolled his own eyes that time, "I'm just saying maybe if we give him the money, he'll tell us where Alina is."

"And who exactly is he going to tell?" Calum wondered, "He's sure as hell not gonna tell any of us."

"We could send Y/N to go undercover," he said, earning glances from his team.

"I'm sorry," you started laughing, "It sounded like you just used 'Y/N' and 'send undercover' in the same sentence." He looked at you for a moment and your smile dropped as your heart skipped a beat. "Luke, I am a forensic scientist, not a field agent!" you exclaimed, "I can't go undercover!"

"Absolutely not," Ashton agreed monotonously, causing the blonde to sigh abruptly.

"Listen, I know it's an unusual approach to send Y/N, but I really think it's the best shot we have right now!" he defended, "All she has to do is deliver the money and have him tell her where Alina is!"

"Then send one of us to do it!" his boss replied.

"Remember how we got a call saying he knows we visited Commander Adams' office? That means he's already seen us! If we show up, he's going to know something is up! I would have suggested Annalise, but..."