Stroke of Luck (Calum Hood) - Part 1

based on another dream i had (https://twitter.com/bananadanziger/status/996172201840832514)

if ur not comfy with the word cunt i would turn back now (i only say it twice but still, can't say i didn't warn u lmao) 

~

All those chain letters you didn't send to 10 friends in middle school were really coming back to haunt you.

At least, that's the only explanation you could come up with as to why your luck – particularly pertaining to your love life – was really starting to suck recently.

You never considered yourself to be very forward with guys, but you had had a few boyfriends in the past that just never worked out to no fault of either party – life just got in the way and you had to break up. But this... This was a whole new level of bad luck.

It was a regular Saturday where you were at home, lounging on your bed as you scrolled through Netflix and snacked on the leftovers of last night's dinner.

You were supposed to hang out with your best friend that day, but Victoria had told you her aunt was in the hospital and she couldn't. You understood – of course – and offered your get well wishes, which Victoria said she would be sure to pass along to her aunt when she visited her that afternoon.

But as the evening progressed and you were starting to get ready for bed, something felt off. You didn't what it was, but you had this ache in your chest that something bad was about to happen. You ignored it at first – maybe your body was just having one of those days – but you couldn't ignore it anymore when you heard your phone ding with a message.

You picked the device up from its spot beside your thigh, your eyebrows furrowing in confusion when you noticed it was a Facebook message from a girl you knew but didn't really talk to. And the message preview only made your gut feeling that much worse.

Winnie Dressler: Are you available to talk for a minute?

You quickly swiped across the message to answer it, waiting for Facebook Messenger to load before responding.

Yeah, what's up?

You anxiously waited for a response, watching the three little dots dance around as Winnie typed out her reply.

I'm sure it's weird that I'm messaging you, but Victoria mentioned earlier that she'd already told you she couldn't hang out today because her aunt was sick. Well, I'd asked her if she wanted to do something too (that's when she told me about how you'd asked too) and she said no. But I was at the mall with my brother earlier today, and she and Calum Hood were sitting at a table in the food court making out??

Your heart stopped as soon as you read the last sentence – there was no way.

Are you sure it was her and Calum?

I'm sure... I thought I was just seeing things too, but they stopped right after I got there and I watched them get up and go outside... Did you know anything? I know you're friends with both of them, but I never thought Victoria liked him like THAT. So I thought maybe she'd mentioned it to you at some point?

You were suddenly beginning to feel thankful that Winnie had messaged you and that this wasn't a video call or something she told you in person because you could feel yourself tearing up.

No, I don't think she has... But are you sure that her aunt isn't actually in the hospital?

In the hospital? Victoria told me she was just sick.