Drunk in Love (Ashton Irwin)

word count: 584
requested by: uhhh myself lmao happy annual birthday imagine!!!! sorry it's a lil late this year!!!!!!
pronouns: she/her
warnings: drunk ash, mentions of cheating
fandom: 5 seconds of summer
au type: regular
summary: this isn't the first time ashton has come home drunk after hanging out with his friends, but it is the first time he's refused to get into bed with you to avoid upsetting his wife
inspired by: @softanon (https://softanon.tumblr.com/post/654760614117474304)
authors notes: im not dead, just unmotivated
other parts: none

❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀

You huffed as you finally got your boyfriend to the living room couch, taking a moment to catch your breath as he plopped down on the cushions. Ashton rarely let himself get too carried away while out drinking with the boys, but when he did, he was practically dead weight as he hung all over you when you picked him up from the club.

"Alright, Ash," you sighed, "Let's get you to bed."

"Mmm, no thank you," he hummed, his eyes closed in content as he snuggled one of the couch pillows.

"What?" you furrowed your eyebrows.

"I just can't," he insisted.

"Why not?"

"I'm sorry," he shook his head, "You're really nice and thank you for taking care of me, but I have a wife."

Your heart skipped a beat and you could feel your stomach drop – Ashton had a wife this whole time? You'd known him for what seemed like forever, and you never expected Ashton to be the kind of person to cheat in a relationship.

"Y-Your wife?" you forced yourself to ask.

But you weren't at all prepared for Ashton's answer.

"Her name's Y/N," he smiled, and your heart skipped again – he was talking about you? "She's nice and caring and she loves our fish like they're our actual babies and she smells like vanilla which is extra good because that's my favorite smell so it means she's my favorite smell," he rambled, barely even stopping to take a breath, "And I love her and you're really nice but I love her and I don't want her to leave me because I love her so much." You found yourself smiling softly – you never knew Ashton thought of you this way – and just accepted that he wouldn't be coming anywhere near you until he sobered up.

"Okay, Ash," you humored him, "Can I get you anything before you-" You cut yourself off when you heard him start snoring. "-fall asleep," you chuckled to yourself, making your way to your bedroom so you get some sleep as well.

~

The next morning, you walked down the hallway and into the living room, finding Ashton just now waking up. He blinked a few times to get used to the sunlight shining through the blinds, looking over when you giggled softly.

"Rough night?" you teased.

"Why was I sleeping on the couch?" he groaned, rubbing where his neck met his shoulder. You snickered softly with a shrug.

"I tried to get you to come to bed, but you refused," you sighed dramatically, "Something about how your wife wouldn't appreciate you getting into bed with another woman."

"Wife?" he furrowed his eyebrows, "What? No, baby, I'm not-"

"Her name is Y/N," you began, trying not to smile when his eyes widened, "You told me all about how she's a real sweetheart and the best wife and how you're so happy you married her."

"I did?"

"Also said something about how you love that she smells like vanilla."

"God, that's so embarrassing," he whined.

"Hey, I thought it was cute," you giggled, "Whoever she is, she's a lucky lady."

Ashton rolled his eyes, his gaze following you as you walked over and planted yourself on his lap. His arms wound around your waist to keep you from sliding while your own rested on his shoulders so you could play with his hair.

"Nice to know that even drunk, you'd never cheat on me," you said, squealing when he started poking your sides.