Lucky People (Awsten Knight) - Part 2

u know with the amount of people who wanted me to start writing waterparks part 1 didnt get as many notes as i thought it would lmao

~

Your POV; One month later

You had only been back in your apartment for all of 20 minutes when your phone started ringing. You looked away from the television to where you phone was sitting on the seat beside you, your eyebrows rising at the name on the screen.

"Hello?" you answered.

"Uh... Y/N...?" the voice on the other end of the phone trailed off.

"Casey..." you replied in the same tone, "Do you need something?"

"Um..." he cleared his throat, "You might wanna come to the office..."

"Why?" you asked. Casey didn't say anything – he was just making various noises as if he were trying to speak but couldn't for some reason. "Casey," you repeated, "Seriously. What's wrong?"

"Just... Just come here... Please?"

"Okay," you sighed, already getting up from your spot on the couch, "I'll be there in 10."

~

You walked through the front door 10 minutes later as promised. Casey's head snapped up the moment he heard you walk in. You were already worried as you entered the building – Casey had never sounded the way he had on the phone before – and your worry only increased when you saw the look on his face.

"Case, are you okay?" you furrowed your eyebrows, "You look like you've seen a ghost."

"I was grabbing someone's folder for them and I found something," he explained, "I think you need to see it."

"Why would I need to see their folder?" you asked, following him to the back room.

Casey stopped in front of one of the filing cabinets and unlocked it. He opened the drawer, immediately pulling out the one he'd put in the very front before closing the drawer again and turning to face you.

"Not their folder, Y/N," he shook his head, "Yours."

"I don't have a folder, Case," you sighed, "I don't have a soulmate."

"Y/N..." he said softly, making your heart drop. He held the manila folder out to you, and you slowly took it. You looked at him for a moment before looking down and opening the flap.

And your heart started pounding in your chest.

There it was right on the paper – your full name, your birthdate, your birthplace, your eye color, your hair color... Everything. Every identifying factor to make sure the proper person got their proper folder was there.

"You're jo... This isn't... Where did you..." you trailed off, looking back up at Casey.

"I was getting someone else's folder for them," he told you, "And I realized a few of them were a little higher up than the rest in the drawer... I reached underneath them all to see what it was and pulled out another folder... That one... Yours..."

"I... I have a soulmate...?" you whispered, "I... I can't... The last woman... She... She said I didn't have a folder... She told me... She said she couldn't find it..."

"I don't know how it fell or how it got there, Y/N, but it's definitely yours," he shook his head again. You looked back down at the folder in your hand.

"What do I do...?" you asked, more to yourself than to Casey.

"I can put it back if you're not ready," he told you, "You can come back later if you want." You were silent again for a few moments.